2019 festival

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Something like 1975/ Drake / Killers seems like something they'd do but fuck me that seems a bit bleak tbh. Not sure who else they could get but I'd beup for anything else tbh as I wouldnt want to see any of them lol

Think you need something a little heavier in there. Been a long time since they had no one along those lines.

2017 - Muse

2016 - RHCP/Biffy

2015 - Metallica

2014 - QOTSA/Paramore/Blink

2013 - Green Day/Biffy

2012 - Foos

2011 - MCR/Muse

2010 - GnR/Muse

2009 was the last time they didn't have a remotely heavy headliner.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Think you need something a little heavier in there. Been a long time since they had no one along those lines.

2017 - Muse

2016 - RHCP/Biffy

2015 - Metallica

2014 - QOTSA/Paramore/Blink

2013 - Green Day/Biffy

2012 - Foos

2011 - MCR/Muse

2010 - GnR/Muse

2009 was the last time they didn't have a remotely heavy headliner.

Who else would you suggest? I would say BMTH but that means 2 new headliners in one year (so would expect them to be pushed till 2020 w/ Arctics). I guess it could be a random blink182/Green Day/QOTSA or maybe a MCR reunion?

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Who else would you suggest? I would say BMTH but that means 2 new headliners in one year (so would expect them to be pushed till 2020 w/ Arctics). I guess it could be a random blink182/Green Day/QOTSA or maybe a MCR reunion?

BMTH probably the easiest shout but we don't know who could be around  yet. Any of those you mentioned could have a new album out by then so could easily be considered.

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Be nice if, however unlikely, Slipknot curved Download for a R&L headline spot.

I don't think it's that unlikely, personally. I think they'd go down well enough, and will probably be touring for a couple years so would do something that's not Download eventually

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't think it's that unlikely, personally. I think they'd go down well enough, and will probably be touring for a couple years so would do something that's not Download eventually

They could do it but I'm sure it would certainly be on the second year of whatever tour, because there's no way they'll forego the run of June's hard rock and metal festivals they play every couple of years to do R+L and the like.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Okay, time to get me some criticism of my own:

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, A Day to Remember, Bombay Bicycle Club, Glass Animals
NME: Everything Everything

ARCTIC MONKEYS, The Hunna, Architects, Run the Jewels
NME: Giggs

THE 1975, Two Door Cinema Club, Tyler the Creator, Neck Deep
NME: The Libertines

as much as the Hunna seem to be rapidly gaining attention recently, i'm still not sure that they would be big enough to sub in 2019 but who knows. imo all of their songs sound almost identical and their single 'summer' doesn't give any signs of that changing, therefore can't see the current hype around them boosting them so much that they'd reach sub-headline in 2 festivals time.

rest of this looks bang on to me as long as TDCC release something to make up for the uninspiring "gameshow" and their hype doesn't die down.

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

as much as the Hunna seem to be rapidly gaining attention recently, i'm still not sure that they would be big enough to sub in 2019 but who knows. imo all of their songs sound almost identical and their single 'summer' doesn't give any signs of that changing, therefore can't see the current hype around them boosting them so much that they'd reach sub-headline in 2 festivals time.

rest of this looks bang on to me as long as TDCC release something to make up for the uninspiring "gameshow" and their hype doesn't die down.

*laughs in Catfish and the Bottlemen*

I dont think that has that big of an effect nowadays tbh

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jack w said:

as much as the Hunna seem to be rapidly gaining attention recently, i'm still not sure that they would be big enough to sub in 2019 but who knows. imo all of their songs sound almost identical 

I know I'll probably get an wave of hate but you could say the same about RB who are destined to headline with some of their tracks. In no way am I saying they don't deserve to it's more the fact i think similar sounding tracks doesn't really have a bearing anymore. I'm a big Catfish fan and I can admit that some of their songs almost blend in to one, but that doesn't make me like them any less I'd say. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

I know I'll probably get an wave of hate but you could say the same about RB who are destined to headline with some of their tracks. In no way am I saying they don't deserve to it's more the fact i think similar sounding tracks doesn't really have a bearing anymore. I'm a big Catfish fan and I can admit that some of their songs almost blend in to one, but that doesn't make me like them any less I'd say. 

yeah that makes a lot of sense tbh, i really like RB and don't mind catfish and true they are guilty of the same yeah so the point isnt that relevant i guess.

guess all i can say instead is that it seems like a longshot still for them to reach sub status that early considering bands like TDCC and blossoms are still third down with the same kind of demographics and i cant see them growing at a crazily fast rate like royal blood and that.

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

yeah that makes a lot of sense tbh, i really like RB and don't mind catfish and true they are guilty of the same yeah so the point isnt that relevant i guess.

guess all i can say instead is that it seems like a longshot still for them to reach sub status that early considering bands like TDCC and blossoms are still third down with the same kind of demographics and i cant see them growing at a crazily fast rate like royal blood and that.

The Hunna are almost as big as those bands are right now. I'm talking a couple of years time with a new album and possible arena dates. FR seem to like them too. I'm not sure they'll reach headline status or anything because in a few years when their fans reach 16 or whatever they'll probably get into more bands and outgrow The Hunna, but subbing while they're still popular seems like a reasonable bet.

Just now, dentalplan said:

The Hunna are almost as big as those bands are right now. I'm talking a couple of years time with a new album and possible arena dates. FR seem to like them too. I'm not sure they'll reach headline status or anything because in a few years when their fans reach 16 or whatever they'll probably get into more bands and outgrow The Hunna, but subbing while they're still popular seems like a reasonable bet.

fair enough, thinking about it at reading this year their secret set pulled so many people to the introducing stage that i could barely get past and you couldn't even hear them at the back of the crowd.

Feel like the Hunna are riding the new wave of indie kids who like a guy with tats and takes off his shirt kind of like the 1975 did a few years back. Feel like there are some similarities between the two but there's no way in hell I'd ever want them to come any where near headlining the festival unlike the 1975 who I'd be quite contempt with. 

If I don't post again then the likelihood is I've been 'taken care' of for hating on the Hunna. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Feel like the Hunna are riding the new wave of indie kids who like a guy with tats and takes off his shirt kind of like the 1975 did a few years back. Feel like there are some similarities between the two but there's no way in hell I'd ever want them to come any where near headlining the festival unlike the 1975 who I'd be quite contempt with. 

If I don't post again then the likelihood is I've been 'taken care' of for hating on the Hunna. 

Their captions and emojis they use on social media sums them and their main group of fans up perfectly 

8 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Oh so that's why Kerrang like them as well.

Edited by dentalplan

10 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Sorry

but content

• Like 1