2019 festival

58 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

That would mean BMTH and Catfish as fresh headliners in 2020 and I don't think they would do that tbh. I could see something like a Catfish coheadlining with a different act that year (Maybe Chance or Skepta/BBK?).

In this scenario Catfish and the Bottlemen would have just had a huge slot at Glastonbury and headlined Latitude and Bring Me the Horizon would've headlined Download so I don't think there'd be much cause to be scared of bumping both up together. People wouldn't even be thinking of BMTH as a bump up.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I swear in the past 24 hours you've predicted Arctic Monkeys to headline R+L 2019, Glastonbury 2019 and Glastonbury 2020. :P

hahaha yeah I have, keep changing my mind as to where they're more likely. at this point I'm thinking R&L 2019 and then possibly Glastonbury 2020.

40 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I thought the general consensus was people thought if BMTH were gonna play any year it would be 2020? As they aint doing Download next year, and you'd expect them to do Download before R+L no?

Not necessarily. Download have apparently dropped them for a bigger headliner twice already and they're probably more suited to R&L than Download now, anyway. Even then, 2020 is 3 years away and we're just discussing options for it; even if both are around and ready to headline they don't have to book both.

Who knows, they could even do a 2016 and have Catfish/Wolf Alice, Arctic Monkeys, BMTH/21P or something. Anything could happen.

I know i've mentioned names for 2020, but in reality it's just too far away to tell. The options are too broad, I was thinking Tame Impala/Wolf Alice coheadline, Kanye and My Chemical Romance but it's probable that none of them would play the fest. There's endless possibilities at this point.

Could Nine Inch Nails headline NME? Or are they too big for that? Head rumours they were pissed off about the 2013 situation so might not even play again anyway. Dunno how much truth there was to that though.

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Could Nine Inch Nails headline NME? Or are they too big for that? Head rumours they were pissed off about the 2013 situation so might not even play again anyway. Dunno how much truth there was to that though.

Too big. They'd sub or maybe even headline Download rather than do that and even if not they'd just do their own arena shows.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t see them having two new headliners and then the always controversial Kanye as the big draw.

The 1975 will be one of the world’s biggest bands when they return tho. BMTH maybe also as long as they’re not binned by their fans. I think those headliners are fine, it’s just the rest of the bill that’s weak and oddly arranged.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Okay, time to get me some criticism of my own:

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, A Day to Remember, Bombay Bicycle Club, Glass Animals
NME: Everything Everything

ARCTIC MONKEYS, The Hunna, Architects, Run the Jewels
NME: Giggs

THE 1975, Two Door Cinema Club, Tyler the Creator, Neck Deep
NME: The Libertines

Even though demand for The Libs has obviously dropped off in the last two years I can't see them accepting that. Think they're more likely to just carry on hitting the smaller festivals like Kendal Calling than come back and play the second stage at a festival they headlined 4 years prior.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they just disappeared again rather than doing that.

Rest seems fair, though. I think Arctic Monkeys are more likely to do Glasto in 2019 but could go either way. Struggling to think what huge band they could get for 2019 so wouldn't be surprised if they have Drake or someone as the main attraction. Could also explain why they keep mentioning him on their social media if he's lined up for that or something. Probably a bit of a stretch but just a thought.

19 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Even though demand for The Libs has obviously dropped off in the last two years I can't see them accepting that. Think they're more likely to just carry on hitting the smaller festivals like Kendal Calling than come back and play the second stage at a festival they headlined 4 years prior.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they just disappeared again rather than doing that.

Rest seems fair, though. I think Arctic Monkeys are more likely to do Glasto in 2019 but could go either way. Struggling to think what huge band they could get for 2019 so wouldn't be surprised if they have Drake or someone as the main attraction. Could also explain why they keep mentioning him on their social media if he's lined up for that or something. Probably a bit of a stretch but just a thought.

Could see it being The Killers tbh

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Hmm maybe. Still don't see them at R&L but I guess it could be possible if there aren't many other options.

Something like 1975/ Drake / Killers seems like something they'd do but fuck me that seems a bit bleak tbh. Not sure who else they could get but I'd beup for anything else tbh as I wouldnt want to see any of them lol