2019 festival

• 2 weeks later...

Blur to headline in 2019? Would be a great booking, and Damon will surely be finished touring with Gorillaz by then. Was thinking Arctics would be the 'big' act in 2019 but I reckon Glasto will get them. Blur would be a more interesting booking anyway and arguably just as big if not bigger than Arctics. Then go on to headline Glasto for the big 2020.

Bring Me the Horizon, Blur, The 1975.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Blur to headline in 2019? Would be a great booking, and Damon will surely be finished touring with Gorillaz by then. Was thinking Arctics would be the 'big' act in 2019 but I reckon Glasto will get them. Blur would be a more interesting booking anyway and arguably just as big if not bigger than Arctics. Then go on to headline Glasto for the big 2020.

Bring Me the Horizon, Blur, The 1975.

Foos if they don't do this year tbh. Not sure I can see Blur playing.

24 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Foos if they don't do this year tbh. Not sure I can see Blur playing.

Fairly sure Foos are gonna play this year but yeah, if they don't then I reckon they will next year.

I think they'd book Blur if they got the chance. They'd still appeal to the R&L demographic, and would be a great day ticket shifter too.

Changed my prediction to Bring Me the Horizon, Kanye West, Blur

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fairly sure Foos are gonna play this year but yeah, if they don't then I reckon they will next year.

I think they'd book Blur if they got the chance. They'd still appeal to the R&L demographic, and would be a great day ticket shifter too.

Changed my prediction to Bring Me the Horizon, Kanye West, Blur

The 1975 are far and away the most likely option to me.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

The 1975 are far and away the most likely option to me.

aye they're very likely too. BMTH & The 1975 would balance each other well, with a bigger, more established act as the third headliner. I guess either Blur or Kanye could do it, or someone else who I can't think of right now.

Like you say though, the 1975 seem to be the most likely now I think about it, unless another fest got them i.e. Glastonbury

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I guess it depends on how BMTH's album is. If it's out next year they could see if they wanna have them solo headline or if they wanna do a BMTH/1975 coheadline (tho that would be a weird combo)

Yeah that's too weird. I could see it with 21 Pilots, or maybe Royal Blood this year. Paramore also but 2019s abit late for that

• 2 weeks later...

Main: Bring Me The Horizon // Boy Better Know // Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

NME: Chvrches

Main: Blur // The Prodigy // Tyler, the Creator

NME: Jamie xx

Main: The 1975 // Tame Impala // Mura Masa

NME: Run the Jewels

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Main: Bring Me The Horizon // Boy Better Know // Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

NME: Chvrches

Main: Blur // The Prodigy // Tyler, the Creator

NME: Jamie xx

Main: The 1975 // Tame Impala // Mura Masa

NME: Run the Jewels

Don't see BBK under Bring Me. Frank Carter third would be nice, very unlikely but I don't actually think it's outside the realms of possibility

8 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Frank Carter third would be nice, very unlikely but I don't actually think it's outside the realms of possibility

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Frank could get fourth down. Third is a stretch. 

yeah it's likely he won't be that high, but because it's so far in the future I can see him getting a lot more popular. Definitely an act that R&L would push as well.

10 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Don't see BBK under Bring Me.

don't think it's impossible, but I guess you could shuffle the subs around so The Prodigy sub BMTH, Tame Impala sub Blur and BBK sub The 1975. Could work well actually, if Skepta and The 1975 are still collaborating on something.

if/when MCR come back I definitely think they'll headline R&L. If that's in 2019, then I think the above prediction of The 1975, Blur, My Chemical Romance is feasible. Would be a good mix too.

The 1975, Blur, My Chemical Romance. Glasto being U2, Arctic Monkeys, Madonna. Download getting Bring Me The Horizon.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, as it looks unlikely BMTH are back for download this year defo think they'll be there 2019.

Not convinced on the Blur shout, imo its more likely to be 1975/Foo Fighters/MCR (if MCR reform and Foos don't play this year which imo they won't)

BMTH were apparently booted out of a headline slot two years running by Download to accommodate repeat bookings of bigger bands. Pretty sure Oli has said they'll headline R&L so if they have the choice I'm sure they'd rather go with R&L. However obviously they may have no choice and FR would probably be better off promoting them at Download first seeing as R&L is in a much better position in terms of their pool of headliners.

I reckon Blur could and would be booked if R&L got the chance. Haven't played the festival in well over a decade but they'd go down incredibly well with the attendees, would be a great day ticket shifter and just something a bit more interesting than the bands that are repeatedly booked to headline every 4 or 5 years (a la Kasabian, Muse, Eminem).

Main thing stopping them being booked is Glasto, which I think they would always be more likely to play. I'm predicting them to play R&L in 2019 and then Glasto in 2020 for the big anniversary. However, it might be more likely that they'd play Glasto before R&L, in which case perhaps they'd play R&L in 2021. But of course that's so far in the future it's impossible to predict right now.

8 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Where would foals slot if they're around? Could they be pushed up to headline or would a co-headline again be more likely?

Don't think they'd be booked again 3 years later, especially if it's to come back and coheadline again.