2019 festival

Just now, hpants said:

Won't be arctics. Much more likely to do glasto on return from the fallow year next year. 

Plus their headline slot in 2014 was wildly uninspiring. 

I dunno I can see Glasto holding Arctics back till the 50th anniversary in 2020...

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno I can see Glasto holding Arctics back till the 50th anniversary in 2020...

I had thought this too, but doing reading one year then glasto the next is the reverse of a trend that's started to come about in the past few years. And for the 50th I think the 3 bands will be bigger and better than Arctics 

Just now, JSmurphy said:

It'd be some line-up if the three headliners were bigger than Arctic Monkeys.

In fairness i could see them involved but i very much they'll do reading as their return to the festival circuit in 2019. But reckon for the 50th could see some big, big reunions the like of led zepp and oasis etc 

42 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Unless Foals' next single does as well as My Number I think they will probably drop to subbing next time. Hope I'm wrong though.

I feel like What Went Down was the perfect album to set them up for 2016, another album like that and could easily see them headlining, not sure if that's just my bias though cos of how much I rate them..

21 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I feel like What Went Down was the perfect album to set them up for 2016, another album like that and could easily see them headlining, not sure if that's just my bias though cos of how much I rate them..

To outright headline R&L they're gonna need to be able to sell well on a big arena tour and I just doubt that'll happen. They did a couple last year at about £30 a ticket and even that didn't sell particularly well I don't think, I think even Royal Blood might put that to shame a bit this year and a lot of people will tell you they shouldn't outright headline. 

Still, roll on Citadel next week. They've said they're bringing back some stuff they've not played for ages so really hoping for Blue Blood.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

If it was something like Blur/ Beyoncé/ U2 they'd all be bigger than Arctics

Hmmm. Arctic Monkeys will probably be bigger than Blur in 2020. Maybe not as big as Blur at their peak though. There wouldn't have been £2.50 Arctics tickets if they'd played Hyde Park in 2015.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

To outright headline R&L they're gonna need to be able to sell well on a big arena tour and I just doubt that'll happen. They did a couple last year at about £30 a ticket and even that didn't sell particularly well I don't think, I think even Royal Blood might put that to shame a bit this year and a lot of people will tell you they shouldn't outright headline. 

Still, roll on Citadel next week. They've said they're bringing back some stuff they've not played for ages so really hoping for Blue Blood.

It didn't sell out every last seat but I don't think it sold poorly either. But yeah it'll probably be a few years now if Foals are to come back and headline again and I'm not sure whether last year's Reading headline slot and Glastonbury sub slot were the culmination of it all or the stepping stone. On a knife edge imo.

I don't think there's any shame in Royal Blood being bigger. They're legit bigger than most bands people are talking about headlining, 

someone like Daft Punk or fleetwood mac would arguably be bigger too. Every man and his dog could see Arctic Monkeys if they really wanted to. Think for the 50th it'll be huge names who don't do much anymore just makes it that bit more special.

9 minutes ago, thelaughingsausage said:

The 1975 as headlines? Really? Surely someone like Foals would headline before them?

Trying not to be bias as I imagine 1975's popularity has skyrocketed, but still, really?

The 1975 are bigger than Foals already. They'll be even bigger by the time 2019 comes around. 

Just now, thelaughingsausage said:

The 1975 as headlines? Really? Surely someone like Foals would headline before them?

Trying not to be bias as I imagine 1975's popularity has skyrocketed, but still, really?

1975 aim at the same crowd as Foals except they also catch the teenage girl demographic so have kinda esily overtaken them in how popular they are