East Camper 'Family'

Swine_Glasto2014

18 minutes ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

Any fellow East family ticket holders in here? 

ive got to be honest, for all the years that i have been staying in East CV (2007 onwards) im not clear which field(s) are family.. and since E22 was given up to the glamping, im less clear..

Im not even sure what qualifies as 'family'... i certainly travel with my family but the youngest is 23 now..

You could choose family / non family when booking the ticket. I think this is new this year. We chose family as I hope it is nearer the gate.

in my head the dividing line is the road/track that cuts through the east cv fields

I haven't seen much difference between any of the cv fields in terms of noise or partying - they all seem pretty quiet.

37 minutes ago, lazyred said:

You could choose family / non family when booking the ticket. I think this is new this year. We chose family as I hope it is nearer the gate.

in my head the dividing line is the road/track that cuts through the east cv fields

I haven't seen much difference between any of the cv fields in terms of noise or partying - they all seem pretty quiet.

Same bud, closer to the gate so we picked Family. 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not any more - it's done by the type of CV ticket you bought.

is that new for this year Neil.?

My wife booked the campervan and it states ' You have booked a CAMPERVAN TICKET for Worthy Farm, Pilton-Somerset on 21-25 June 2017'... assume this is non-family..

so which fields constitute 'family'.? 19,23,24..?

5 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

is that new for this year Neil.?

My wife booked the campervan and it states ' You have booked a CAMPERVAN TICKET for Worthy Farm, Pilton-Somerset on 21-25 June 2017'... assume this is non-family..

so which fields constitute 'family'.? 19,23,24..?

Yeah, it's new this year.

My ticket says '1x EAST CAMPERVAN FAMILY/HIRE PITCH'.

I believe that family are the fields nearest the gate (19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25), tho I'll only know with certainty when I drive in.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I believe that family are the fields nearest the gate (19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25), tho I'll only know with certainty when I drive in.

Ok.. left side of the road..

you don't want to really be over the other side of the woods but  front of 18 is not noticeably different to back of 19..

as long as it isn't Bath &West... !

I bought the standard East Campervan ticket, I assumed Family was intended for children etc..

My partners parents are the ones using the Campervan and we are camping next to them.

Is there any way to try and get close to the Festival entrance when they park us up? Or should i have bought a family ticket?

28 minutes ago, foggy1010 said:

I bought the standard East Campervan ticket, I assumed Family was intended for children etc..

My partners parents are the ones using the Campervan and we are camping next to them.

Is there any way to try and get close to the Festival entrance when they park us up? Or should i have bought a family ticket?

It looks like they will direct you at the gate...

When are you planning on arriving? and are you travelling together.? normal circumstances are 'earlier you arrive, closer you get'..

The info map on the main glastonbury site shows the layout of the fields.. :

18 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

It looks like they will direct you at the gate...

When are you planning on arriving? and are you travelling together.? normal circumstances are 'earlier you arrive, closer you get'..

The info map on the main glastonbury site shows the layout of the fields.. :

Yes were all travelling together and planning to get there Tuesday Afternoon, so will hope for a good spot!

sorry tried to attach the link for the map :

http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2017v1map.png

we will get there early tuesday pm also..

If the fields Neil suggested (above) are designated family, they will likely have you in E18 which is fine..

Who knows, we may be neighbours... Lokk out for the black saab with a caravan and additional tent..

Enjoy.!

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I believe that family are the fields nearest the gate (19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25), tho I'll only know with certainty when I drive in

Yeah thats correct, they are definitely not on the other side of the road. So E20, 21,23,24

Why would family be closer to the gate? Oh silly question, at my local Tesco the lazy and baby spaces are almost inside the store whilst the disabled spaces are 4 times as far away and they have to cross the main road in and out of the car park, 

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

Why would family be closer to the gate? Oh silly question, at my local Tesco the lazy and baby spaces are almost inside the store whilst the disabled spaces are 4 times as far away and they have to cross the main road in and out of the car park, 

Disabled overspill is closer than family. You need a letter from Disabled Team to access this area. :)

1 hour ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

Sure about that ;)

Depends if you have any compassion towards those who need a forward space. I know some disabled people went home a couple of years ago as people had used the disabled area who shouldn't have. :(

Edit: The area I am talking about is to the right of E21 looking towards the festival, not the whole of the field. Please do not go there unless you have a letter to do so. 

Edited by StoneCircle

On 02/06/2017 at 6:03 PM, Smeble said:

I can't see it working for 2019 personally.  It is the first year they've sold the tickets with such labels.  In the past, I've been asked (& also not asked). 

If it really means you're closer to the gate this year, all it will mean in 2019 is for "family" to sell out first, as everyone will buy that first.  Might as well say "Bath & West (furthest)", "East Far" and "East Near".

On Fri Jun 02 2017 at 10:43 AM, eFestivals said:

I emailed GF before the campervan tickets went on sale last October asking the question. Response was E22, E23 and E24 were going to be the designated Family fields. I know E22 is blanked out on the map but that was the answer I received at the time. 

38 minutes ago, Stave_1974 said:

I emailed GF before the campervan tickets went on sale last October asking the question. Response was E22, E23 and E24 were going to be the designated Family fields. I know E22 is blanked out on the map but that was the answer I received at the time. 

E22 is now glamping...

E19 and E25 may be possible for non family then..?

we will see soon enough 

Before we bought our van pass, I emailed gfl to ask which fields would be the family ones, I did post their reply on here ages ago, they gave me three field numbers only and as commented at the time one of those no longer exists so hard to say how reliable their reply was. The fields they listed were the closer ones so in the end we did buy a family one. We will be there early ish on Tuesday evening, we have a blue cabbed swift escape 686 so if any efesters pass by, shout up for a drink, it will be flowing early!