Tips on my hangover cure!

O'Doyle Rules

Am looking at getting all my stuff in for dealing with the inevitable hangovers/comedowns.

How does this look first thing in morning:

1. 1l bottle of water with Berocca
  2. 1l bottle of water with rehydration sachet (apparently Tesco do their own but can anyone recommend?)
  3. 2 x 500mg paracetomol tablets
  4. Cup of tea
  5. Food

Any changes/additions?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Am looking at getting all my stuff in for dealing with the inevitable hangovers/comedowns.

How does this look first thing in morning:

1. 1l bottle of water with Berocca
  2. 1l bottle of water with rehydration sachet (apparently Tesco do their own but can anyone recommend?)
  3. 2 x 500mg paracetomol tablets
  4. Cup of tea
  5. Food

Any changes/additions?

11 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Hair of the dog.

I actually combine both of these methods.

Can of  lukewarm Strongbow from under the tent. Drink half of it.

Add Berroca & rehydration sachet to the can

Alternatively you can add Morrisons effervescent tablets & soluble asprin for similar effect.

Wait for the froth to disperse and down the lot(this is why half of the can needs to be drunk before)

I don't advocate the use of mixing alcohol with painkillers so do so at your own risk.

I wouldn't mix the rehydration sachet in a litre of water - they taste awful. Go for about 200ml. Sure, it'll taste strong, but there's less of it.

Add something for the stomach acid. Some chalky rennies style antacids for instant effect and ranitidine (or something stronger) for longer term effects. Should help to prevent some sickness.

Stuff taken before sleep generally has a stronger effect than stuff after, but good luck with that.

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

I wouldn't mix the rehydration sachet in a litre of water - they taste awful. Go for about 200ml. Sure, it'll taste strong, but there's less of it.

Add something for the stomach acid. Some chalky rennies style antacids for instant effect and ranitidine (or something stronger) for longer term effects. Should help to prevent some sickness.

Stuff taken before sleep generally has a stronger effect than stuff after, but good luck with that.

That's why I add them to strongbow with berroca. Extra flavour.

These are also useful

118737011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=e972c

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

That's why I add them to strongbow with berroca. Extra flavour.

These are also useful

Nope, there's nothing I can add to them/flavours I can buy that masks their horrendous flavour. I have tablets that supposedly do the same thing, but to be honest, I think a salty bacon sandwich probably has a similar effect.

9 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

We have a winner

Ooooh good shout but I don't know. It's far too a messy & needy drug for Glasto. For a morning kick you need something that can be left alone for a few hours. 

"Just one line to wake up and that's me done until this evening." Said nobody, ever. 

Paracetomol is a small step up from disprin. Fuck that. Dissolvable Solpadeine or Nurofen + are the way forward. Tell the chemist its for migraine. 

Chili is also great as it flushes the toxins out, hence a Bloody Mary, spicy as possible. 

Stay clear of fried food. And Berocca is fairly useless. Just get Vit B tabs.

Also coffee is good and milk thistle is the business before and after you drink. 

Edited by The Nal