Portable shower waste water

Sparkiekitty

Hi,

My first Glastonbury. Coming in my campervan. I'm a bit daunted by the shower situation so am thinking of bringing a portable shower to use in my awning. Anyone got any advice on what to do with the waste water this will produce? Probably not the done thing to just let it soak into the ground. Anyone got any experience of this or advice?

Thanks

I'd say that you'd probably need to collect the waste water somehow, and then put it in to a toilet. The article below might be interesting to read, but implies that putting the waste water straight in to the soil, even when using bio-degradable soaps, is still a no no.

http://liveseasoned.com/five-best-earth-friendly-products-outdoor-shower/

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'd say that you'd probably need to collect the waste water somehow, and then put it in to a toilet. The article below might be interesting to read, but implies that putting the waste water straight in to the soil, even when using bio-degradable soaps, is still a no no.

http://liveseasoned.com/five-best-earth-friendly-products-outdoor-shower/

Ah, interesting, I just yesterday bought my bio-degradable soap for this year's festival (for a bucket and flannel wash at the tent) and was wondering what the etiquette was for my dirty water.  Thanks for posting!

1 hour ago, merago said:

Ah, interesting, I just yesterday bought my bio-degradable soap for this year's festival (for a bucket and flannel wash at the tent) and was wondering what the etiquette was for my dirty water.  Thanks for posting!

Hello merago,

I don't proclaim to know the actual etiquette, but adopting the approach that I stated is probably best practice. 

It's good to see that people are tuned in to this, and intend to do the right thing.

Hope you have a great festival. :)

We plan to rig up a toilet/shower tent,use a solar shower standing in a large washing up bowel, then pour the waste in to container using a funnel then dispose at one of the waste points. It may not be a hot shower but it works and cause no harm to the ground.

Hope this helps, have fun.