Recommend NEW artists on the line up

Calvin Klein

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/05/2017 at 8:39 PM, The life of Pablo said:

A great video/song combo from a band who's just released their first album and not getting the credit they deserve.
Playing Williams Green at 3pm on Saturday.
For fans of 90's alt rock/2000's indie

Love it. Will add it to the pile of clashes to work out later. 

Got a big old train journey tomorrow so I'll definitely be throwing some of these into a playlist tonight! Enjoyed the My Baby recommendation, so thanks for those who suggested them funky vibes. Also can vouch for Sigrid and Dua Lipa, both definitely worth checking out for fans of pop belters and girl power. Plus they're on at inoffensive (in terms of potential clashes) early afternoon times.

Edited by jyoung

On 6/1/2017 at 1:55 PM, mattiosmith said:

I've put a Spotify playlist together with all the suggestions and some of my own, I'll try to keep up with this thread!

https://open.spotify.com/user/1128631899/playlist/6Rk1zcjRjbmvlHSVbQgEgz

The playlist has been updated with all the latest recommendations, I've already found 3 or 4 acts I want to see listening to it so thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

On 2017-5-30 at 5:24 PM, rseamer said:

Black Honey (For fans of Wolf Alice, Quentin Tarantino, Indie Guitars)

Confidence Man (For fans of camp, high energy dance routines and bubblegum electropop)

More explanations of what they're like, like this please, so at least we know which YouTube videos to watch!

Hi I run a music blog for unsigned and independent artists and just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for new bands at the festival, already noticed some great tips on this thread.

I already have a few on my list such as Josephine and the Artizans, Pumarosa and The Pictish Trail.

Deaf Havana, Sunday 12:15pm, Other Stage.

My favorite band in the world! Awesome straight-up rock music, amazing lyrics and a great bunch of lads that just love doing what they do.

These boys have been plugging away over the years, through some real shit times and were on the verge of calling it a day but their last album seems to have taken them FINALLY to the next level. They will be chuffed just to be there. Go catch them!

On 2017-5-31 at 0:04 AM, Cian T said:

REWS // John Peel Tent Friday 12.00 and Rabbit Hole 23.00

my mates dad is the manager, they're decent! 

Saw these at Camden Rocks this Saturday just gone, on your recommendation, and I can confirm...

... they're decent.

(Very decent)

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, Rubber Soldier said:

Williams Green, 3pm, Saturday. Their album, Love In The 4th Dimension, is well worth checking out. 

Can imagine this song being used for a BBC highlights montage. 

Liking this - Indie, without the landfill. Added to my list to see, thanks

On 2017-6-1 at 3:39 PM, HoTWire said:

4 Pages in an no All We Are?  Sunday 2pm on at The Park
Current stuff (starts 40 seconds in)

Slightly older but with a lovely slow build

Should be a good time

Even better live as well. Saw them at Dot to Dot the other week & really got me moving