Williams Green - Saturday Afternoon

Bonaneas

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That Gizzard/Toots clash is a pisser. As is the Gizzard/Marling clash on Sunday.

Toots and Gizzard on Sunday it is. 

Same for me. Toots is definite for me, especially as i had come to terms with the fact i thought that he wouldn't tour again after the bottle incident the other year.

Edited by tjamest

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Let's Eat Grandma on before are worth checking out also. 

I've heard them, albeit briefly. The thing is I plan to see The Smyths do Queen Is Dead in Williams Green on Sunday afternoon as well but I don't wanna be glued to one tent all day! These decisions man, I love it. What great problems to have.

17 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I've heard them, albeit briefly. The thing is I plan to see The Smyths do Queen Is Dead in Williams Green on Sunday afternoon as well but I don't wanna be glued to one tent all day! These decisions man, I love it. What great problems to have.

Another horrific clash including The Smyths, Marling, Gizzard and My Baby. 

Tits. 

Edit, ooh hang on My Baby are Sunday at 10.30pm on the Truth Stage.

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Another horrific clash including The Smyths, Marling, Gizzard and My Baby. 

The Marling one gets me too, my friend. I'm trying not to put myself through it by telling myself that she is wasted on the Pyramid and it would only disappoint. Could depend on whether I squeeze into Williams Green for The Smyths set on Thursday. Time will tell!

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The Marling one gets me too, my friend. I'm trying not to put myself through it by telling myself that she is wasted on the Pyramid and it would only disappoint. Could depend on whether I squeeze into Williams Green for The Smyths set on Thursday. Time will tell!

Its the exact same spot she played last time which is complete madness so I'll be elsewhere. 

At times it was like there was no one playing on the stage, just background music you hear when the crew are loading out with all the crowd chatting. 

A song a half in and people are taking the guides from around their necks.........

Edited by The Nal

The Smyths. Not an option. Fakes

king gizzard - too early for them, plus they tour every toilet venue in the country 3 times a year.

A sunny afternoon and Marling could nail it, given the West Coast vibe of her last two albums. Or she might fall flat on her arse (but not in a Patti Smith fucking animal way). Still, it gets my vote.

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its the exact same spot she played last time which is complete madness so I'll be elsewhere. 

At times it was like there was no one playing on the stage, just background music you hear when the crew are loading out with all the crowd chatting. 

A song a half in and people are taking the guides from around their necks.........

Yep, it was awful.

18 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Smyths. Not an option. Fakes

king gizzard - too early for them, plus they tour every toilet venue in the country 3 times a year.

A sunny afternoon and Marling could nail it, given the West Coast vibe of her last two albums. Or she might fall flat on her arse (but not in a Patti Smith fucking animal way). Still, it gets my vote.

Yep. Sign me up for LM.

59 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Pretty much my thinking. Was hoping to catch Laura but toots is a surefire whereas she may be lost again. 

Was really hoping she would be on The Park or Acoustic. Or even the "I didnt ask them for ID" Peel tent. 

Anyway havent seen The Gizzards crew before and Im taking a strict line of seeing acts Ive never seen before this year over possibly better acts that I have seen. 

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

For my money, the best live Smiths experience you can get, and I say that having seen both Moz and Marr roll out the big guns.

I'll second that. Seen them at WG in 2015, great fun. They were pretty good at Manchester Ritz too. WG is perfect size for them.