The xx - Anderson Paak - Radiohead clash :(

Verminkt

So this will be my first time going to Glastonbury and I am so excited. The three artists I am looking forward to the most are clashing unfortunatly. The xx - Radiohead combi seemed perfect, untill I noticed they placed Anderson Paak in between their sets on the Other Stage. So I'm seeing The xx later this year and Radiohead I will see in Holland 5 days before their headline set on Glastonbury. So I think I want to run to the Other Stage after the xx have finished and miss the first couple of songs of Radiohead.

How long will it take me to get from the Other Stage to the Pyramid Stage? How far into the crowd will I be able to get when Radiohead has already started their show? Thanks!

If you leg it, you can probably get from pyramid to other in about ten minutes (depending on foot traffic and mud). But getting back to pyramid for a headliner after the headliner is started, you'll be lucky if you're able to see the stage - Adele and Coldplay we're both absolutely rammed last year, even 30 mins before the acts started.

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Anderson Paak  are playing W Holts.  I wouldn't bother. It's about twice as far:

Bo0ttLgCMAA4qf9.jpg

P.S. I found this on a google image search, I don't know which year it's from.  But Pyramid, Other and W Holts haven't moved.

To be fair its never taken me 20 minutes to walk between the Pyramid Field and West Holts. You just have to be strategic about these things 

34 minutes ago, Sidasta said:

If you leg it, you can probably get from pyramid to other in about ten minutes (depending on foot traffic and mud). But getting back to pyramid for a headliner after the headliner is started, you'll be lucky if you're able to see the stage - Adele and Coldplay we're both absolutely rammed last year, even 30 mins before the acts started.

agreed I got there for the beginning of beck and by the end it was ram jacked

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You have a good dealer.

Ha! Equally it took me about an hour and a half to get from the Stone Circle to Pyramid on the saturday after having some mushrooms. Swings and roundabouts aint it.

I kept thinking I had lost my sunglasses and going back for them, only to find they were in my hand/on my head.

Edited by mjsell

Previous Pyramid to WH triumphs that come to mind for me have included:
Snoop to Breakestra and 2na
Elbow to Janelle Monae
Elbow to Jurassic 5
I also remember getting bored during Disclosure, popping along to Kasabian for a couple of songs before nipping back.

I’ll be doing the same this year for Paak/Head and Avalanches/National. 

As long as the ground isn’t like last year then I reckon it can be done in around 10 minutes if you get a wriggle on.

14 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

To be fair its never taken me 20 minutes to walk between the Pyramid Field and West Holts. You just have to be strategic about these things 

I realise that certainly wasn't being strategic about things but...

Last year I had always planned to see EWF instead of Coldplay and then inexplicably had a last minute blip and went to CP... It was so rammed that I couldn't even get in and was stuck somewhere in a massive hoard miles away from the stage. I realised the error of my ways and tried to get to the West Holts as soon as CP started but the normal route was blocked by all the people so I had 15 minutes to run (or as close to a run as you could do in that horrendous Sunday mud) back past the right-hand side of the pyramid, left, past the Other Stage and up towards West Holts... That took 20 minutes haha. Was worth it though, I only missed the first 1/2 a song of EWF! :D

1 hour ago, Sidasta said:

Yep this is a cruel state of affairs (especially if you then add on flaming lips). I've never been pleased with a gamble when it comes to a pyramid stage headliner- usually Im too busy fretting about when to set off (if at another stage), I don't enjoy the pre headliner act as much, then by the time I arrive at pyramid it's a bit rammed. If it's a headliner I love then I just have to sacrifice the pre headliner if it's on a different stage. 

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

I'm going to see Anderson Paak and slot into Radiohead a bit late I think. Can't see there being many issues finding a space

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

agreed I got there for the beginning of beck and by the end it was ram jacked

2 hours ago, Badlands said:

Previous Pyramid to WH triumphs that come to mind for me have included:
Snoop to Breakestra and 2na
Elbow to Janelle Monae
Elbow to Jurassic 5
I also remember getting bored during Disclosure, popping along to Kasabian for a couple of songs before nipping back.

I’ll be doing the same this year for Paak/Head and Avalanches/National. 

As long as the ground isn’t like last year then I reckon it can be done in around 10 minutes if you get a wriggle on.

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yep this is a cruel state of affairs (especially if you then add on flaming lips). I've never been pleased with a gamble when it comes to a pyramid stage headliner- usually Im too busy fretting about when to set off (if at another stage), I don't enjoy the pre headliner act as much, then by the time I arrive at pyramid it's a bit rammed. If it's a headliner I love then I just have to sacrifice the pre headliner if it's on a different stage. 

Jesus...this thread is a mini-personal roller-coaster for me! Think the A.Paak dream is dead, then get convinced I can see half an hour and then leg it over there, and then glumly face the prospect of being right near the back. Bah. I think it's just gonna depend what my friends are doing....

Seriously though. You could make an entire days festival out of the amount of awesomeness thats on between 9pm and midnight on Friday

Add Lorde and Flaming Lips in to this and you've got my scenario. The Friday night Glastonbury clusterfuck continues. 

Radiohead win this for me easily but still doesn't stop it being incredibly sucky - missing out on some really good stuff there. Christ if ATCQ had been involved in this too...

Anderson .Paak to Radiohead is such a pain in the dick. 

I've been wanting to see .Paak since I fell in love with Malibu (Best album of 2016 imo) but Radiohead headlining is as good as it gets for me so I might have to suck it up and miss .Paak. I want to be chilled and in a decent spot at the Pyramid stage.