ClashFest 2017

kalifire

10 minutes ago, Filthy said:

RTJ finish at 5.15, I reckon you could easily get to West Holts by 5.30 for Toots, weather depending. that's certainly my plan

This is true. Loyle Carner was high on my list to see, as was Sampha and that looks to be dead in the water as well. I hoped they would both play lower slots on JP. Not at peak times on Park. I hate treking to the Park for one act.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lorde Radiohead clash is my worst mostly because I could technically see most of Lorde but there's no way I'm being stuck at the back with all the talkers for Radiohead 

And to make it worse I'm not even really into the XX

Also the sprint from RTJ to Toots is going to be a tough one but hopefully it'll be good weather and easy traffic 

Basicaly Orb v Napalm Death for me, and even then I can catch the end of the second Orb set. Foos v Dead kennedys is the other one for me. Luckily I seem to have clash-free festival at least for my must sees. Plenty of good stuff going up against each other but nothing that is causing me too much grief.....yet.....

Radiohead vs Flaming Lips vs Anderson .Paak (Radiohead obv win but fuck me it's a nightmare)

The National vs Stormzy vs FJM (The National definitely win and I'm thinking head straight to FJM rather than seeing part of Stormzy)

Justice vs BBK (Justice win)

Glass Animals vs Mark Lanegan (not sure)

RTJ vs Thurston Moore (RTJ win)

That's all I can think of right now.

Edit: Oh yeah The National vs The Avalanches but we knew that ages ago and The National win.

Edited by Will-2609

42 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

Friday I have so many clashes !! 

The XX and Lorde is not a clash but will have to get from the pyramid stage to the other stage in 15 mins ! Hope its not muddy

it can be done (I went from front barrier at Other to West holts in same time), ground dependant I may leave last song of The XX to make sure I see Lorde given I saw The XX in March anyway

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

it can be done (I went from front barrier at Other to West holts in same time), ground dependant I may leave last song of The XX to make sure I see Lorde given I saw The XX in March anyway

The last song is always the best though :o

Not including headliners, the only real clash for me at first glance is George Ezra and The XX, however presuming that Ezra will play the same set he's played the last two years I may just give him a miss. 

However, there are a fair few acts where I have 15mins to get between stages so gonna have to cut a few short. I'm more into how an act opens their set than closes it, so I'll forego the last couple of songs for those ones.