Breakfast recommendations

APPLES77

Dioralyte, solpadeine, bottle of cold water, pint of milk, coffee from the great place in Williams Green or a scandalously strong espresso out of the place behind the Guardian stand next to the churros stall, fruit pot, yoghurt (stall TBC) and then maybe an hour later something with eggs.

Found a great place opposite the Cider Bus that do mexican type brekkie, chorizo eggs etc. Only saw it on Monday at 2pm though. 

Then a bottle of rosé in the Avalon Inn and then all bets are off. 

Make our own at the campsite, scrambled eggs chorizo & tomato. All keep at room temp, as well as bread of course

saves money & there are no good breakfast stalls that arent a big hike from bushy ground to my knowledge. Thats where we camp. After that its often a bimble to west holts for a brothers.

i would buy all my food if i had a larger budget. 

Standard bacon / sausage etc places are just not worth the money & dont like going out into the fest without having eaten first. Also hate queing 

Edited by Memory Man

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Next door or next door but one to Grande Bouffe on way out of West Holts up towards WG. Got a big flamenco dancer on top of it. Never had the tapas from there, though the menu looks tempting, but breakfast I'd recommend - chorizo, fried egg, spinach, beans and diced potatoes  for normal glasto breakfast price. Plus they do decent fresh juice to wash it down with if you're not alcohol ready!

It is nice this, i can recommend! One time i gave them a tenner & they gave me change for 20 :D

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you mean those huge places in a few of the campsites where one half is a greasy spoon and the other half is a noodle bar, then I wholeheartedly agree. Their breakfasts are scandalously overpriced and cardboardy compared to some of the other stalls there

Yeah and theres a couple of places on the right from bushy down towards the gully & blues that are just crap quality bread & meat. 

24 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Next door or next door but one to Grande Bouffe on way out of West Holts up towards WG. Got a big flamenco dancer on top of it. Never had the tapas from there, though the menu looks tempting, but breakfast I'd recommend - chorizo, fried egg, spinach, beans and diced potatoes  for normal glasto breakfast price. Plus they do decent fresh juice to wash it down with if you're not alcohol ready!

Excellent, I'm all over anything with spinach, eggs and chorizo. 

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That was the first place I thought of when I saw the thread title. Was it actually there last year though? In 2015 they were selling up, and as I understood it there was a different Spanish stall in its place last year (I didn't have a ticket last year or I would have most certainly been checking for myself).

4 minutes ago, musky said:

That was the first place I thought of when I saw the thread title. Was it actually there last year though? In 2015 they were selling up, and as I understood it there was a different Spanish stall in its place last year (I didn't have a ticket last year or I would have most certainly been checking for myself).

That stall's last year was 2015. She sold the stall after that season, so sadly the epic chorizo breakfast is no more. 

If I don't venture out for food I usually feast on individually packed pain au chocolat or brioche. Usually have a bit of fruit with me because it's the only cure for a hangover (except cracking open another can)

Bringing a little stove and kettle this year too so I can have some porridge and that'all usually keep me going til late afternoon.

Monday morning is a full breakfast from the place near Gate A which I still can't remember the name of

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

That stall's last year was 2015. She sold the stall after that season, so sadly the epic chorizo breakfast is no more. 

I thought as much. Someone had mentioned there was still a Spanish stall in its place, so I don't suppose anyone checked if their breakfast was up to the standard of the previous one?

9 minutes ago, musky said:

I thought as much. Someone had mentioned there was still a Spanish stall in its place, so I don't suppose anyone checked if their breakfast was up to the standard of the previous one?

I'm not sure the replacement place did breakfast at all, sadly.