Breakfast recommendations

APPLES77

I'm usually a fan of waking up and drinking a can that's cooled overnight. This year though the time has come to be a bit more sensible. After lots of festivals I'm not really sure what the best options for breakfast are.

What's your favourite brekkie and where do you get it from? 

My belly shall be eternally grateful

There's a place I love for brekkie and I can't remember its name, but as you go from William's Green towards West Holts, you cross Yeoman's Bridge just at the start of the WH area, and it's immediately on your left, before Ghandi's FlipFlop. A really good selection of full English ingredients, lovely free-range eggs, and all very well cooked too

8 minutes ago, Browner's Right said:

The Greenpeace café was decent last year and served the best coffee I tried on site...also another little place to the left of greenpeace as you're coming up from West Holts

Greenpeace breakfasts are lovely, agree with you about the coffee too, it's so nice. 

Charm x

Don't usually head out on site until the day is getting started so it's usually something at the tent. A noodle soup - Nong Sim Shin Cup is a good one, Coleman's carbonara too, cup of tea, can, head down.

Catch an act or two then grab a proper lunch early on from Williams Green before getting on it. :P

Went camping last weekend and got a tear and share brioche from Aldi and it was a revelation. The perfect thing to eat first thing to get you going.

Usually it'll be some squashed brioche that I used that night as a pillow. It gradually deflates over the course of the festival.

My tradition on Monday though is to find the Scrumpets with Crumpets van. Some of the loveliest people at the festival, and a tea and two crumpets (one peanut butter, one jam) is the perfect way to gear up for the journey home.

Oh and I had the best eggs at the Fluffy Rock Cafe last year, and so damn cheap! Hear it might not be back for 2017 though :(

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Oh and I had the best eggs at the Fluffy Rock Cafe last year, and so damn cheap! Hear it might not be back for 2017 though :(

A possibility that Fluffy Rock might not be back? That's devastating! Where did you hear that pls?

Wednesday and Thursday: Manic Organic, or a bacon and egg bap from Hall's Dorset Smokery. All washed down with a pint of fizzy blackcurrant from Greenpeace Farmers' Market

Friday - Monday: a hastily-scoffed cereal bar and three cans of Diet Coke to get me through the shift

I refuse to spend much on breakfast, because contrary to popular scientific opinion I believe it is a placebo and whether you have it or not you are still hungry by 11am! Therefore I just eat some bread and a bevita biscuit thing and divert the funds into dinner!

Although I often in the past I skipped breakfast all together and had a vegetable Pasty for brunch

Having stayed in WV the last two years my go to breakfast was a three cheese, three duck egg omelette. Set me up for the day. Won't have that opportunity this year so also on the lookout for alternatives. Thinking about a toastie from that grilled cheese van that was recommended on here last year.