Breakfast recommendations

APPLES77

I'll always go for something involving Bacon & Eggs first thing.On that basis -

The Welsh Oggie Stall near the Other Stage does a fantastic and (assuming they don't put up prices too much) surprisingly cheap Breakfast Baguette which is always worthwhile. Think they finish serving it at some point though (maybe 12).

The Divers Diner (think that's what it's called - at the bottom of Cockmill Family Camping) is always decent value for money and does various breakfast options, including both plated or served in a cob. Deceptively close to the Pyramid Field as well.

So depending on what act I'm seeing first, one of those is likely.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Hey all, I've become too depressed with all the politics chat in the other thread. does anyone have any good breakfast places in the Park to recommend? 

The Parsnipship is in the Park. A good veggie breakfast with some veggie haggis, halloumi, spicy tomatoes. Its tasty as. I tend to visit the Park at the end of the day rather than the beginning so I rarely get there for it.

• Upvote 1

Will be looking for a vegan breakfast myself. Liking the sound of Manic Organic and I have heard good things about the Parsnipship.

If I can find a decent smoothie place that does a good filling fruit and veg number then I may well use that. There was a great one in Silver Hayes that I frequented when I camped in Pylon, really set me up for the day.

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

Will be looking for a vegan breakfast myself. Liking the sound of Manic Organic and I have heard good things about the Parsnipship.

If I can find a decent smoothie place that does a good filling fruit and veg number then I may well use that. There was a great one in Silver Hayes that I frequented when I camped in Pylon, really set me up for the day.

there is a massive smoothie place next to the Parsnipship at the Park, not had anything but looks nice

33 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Thanks for the recommendations. I just realised that every day I'm starting at the Pyramid, Other or WH so perhaps a trek to the Park ain't such a good idea! Was going to camp near Paines Ground tho, still doable but could be an extra ache I don't need 

A trek for a good breakfast is always worthwhile.

17 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

there is a massive smoothie place next to the Parsnipship at the Park, not had anything but looks nice

Will check it out. Will be camped on the other side of the site so a morning constitutional followed by a good breakfast sounds just the ticket!

On 5/29/2017 at 0:51 PM, The Nal said:

Dioralyte, solpadeine, bottle of cold water, pint of milk, coffee from the great place in Williams Green or a scandalously strong espresso out of the place behind the Guardian stand next to the churros stall, fruit pot, yoghurt (stall TBC) and then maybe an hour later something with eggs.

Found a great place opposite the Cider Bus that do mexican type brekkie, chorizo eggs etc. Only saw it on Monday at 2pm though. 

Then a bottle of rosé in the Avalon Inn and then all bets are off. 

Top Tip - if you're in any way capable of making it so, take this before you go to sleep.  Works a treat.

Almost as per @The Nal.....Solpadeine before bed, Dioralyte and Berocca on waking, then coffee, banana and chocolate hobnobs.....followed by a tinny on the way down and a visit to the Pyramid composters.

Ticks all the necessary boxes....

Mind you I did nearly faint in the Park last year on Friday morning so Mrs P says we need to improve our breakfast routine....add a Bloody Mary this year then.

On 29/05/2017 at 0:51 PM, The Nal said:

Dioralyte, solpadeine, bottle of cold water, pint of milk, coffee from the great place in Williams Green or a scandalously strong espresso out of the place behind the Guardian stand next to the churros stall, fruit pot, yoghurt (stall TBC) and then maybe an hour later something with eggs.

Found a great place opposite the Cider Bus that do mexican type brekkie, chorizo eggs etc. Only saw it on Monday at 2pm though. 

Then a bottle of rosé in the Avalon Inn and then all bets are off. 

How much does a bottle of wine from there usually set you back.

My usual brekkie is a Bloody Mary from one of the cocktail bars and a Crepe with something like Nutella and Strawberries in, great to get something sweet and sugary down first thing in the morning.

Agree- that cocktail cockatoo bar is one of my glastobury treasures. One of the best things when I was in the E camper van field  was the straight path towards a bloody mary every morning. They greeted me like an old friend by the 3rd day :D  

Missed it last year as bit of a trek from campsites last year . They need a van on the other side too! 

Also recommend the juice/smoothie place by west holts, down from la grande bouffe.  Life giving at certain times of the day