The 2017 what tent are you taking thread

OneLittleFish

I've had my trusty Vango Dart DS 300 since 2010 and I intend on bringing it again this year.  It's been to many festivals with me, and although it took me a while to trust pop-ups, it's not let me down so far.  It's also pink and purple so it's easy to spot in a field of blue and black tents. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/tents/967-ark-300.html?search_query=Arc+300&results=23#da-moreinfo

My tent is the Arc 300.  I've just tried it out this weekend.  I can pitch and pack on my own, if it's not windy.  There was room for two and it will feel spacious with just me.  I wanted a porch area to leave boots etc.

This morning there were puddles in the corners of the porch.  The groundsheet is linked-in.  Does anyone have advice on how to reduce the water ingress or is it unavoidable?  

I'm asking for future reference and hoping it won't be an issue at Glastonbury because it will be dry for the duration.

20 hours ago, kalifire said:

Got a choice this year. I have this one, a Coleman coastline 3-man:

61+elj8DiRL._SL1500_.jpg

This is what I've got too. I was tempted to pick up something new which I could stand up in and had a covered porch but in the end, I just couldn't be arsed. This does the job nicely.

First time camping as I usually take my campervan in CV East but failure in October meant coach & tent in resales..

Thought I'd play it safe and go for 3000mm HH and double skinned.

So bought a Vango 250 for £60. had six attempts to put it up and down again and when sober I can do it in just under 10 minutes to up and 14 minutes to back in the bag - which isn't bad for a non-popup.

It will 100% be leaving the farm with me on Monday.

BTW - whats the etiquette for tent savaging on Monday - I fancy picking up a spare?

Edited by Penrhos
added youtube link

I own 5 tents from the tiny to a huge canvas bell tent.

I'll be taking this one though, which is somewhere in the middle. Basically a big dome - tall enough to stand up in, a porch that can just fit two chairs in if pouring down, and reasonably waterproof. Took it for it's first run out this year a couple of weeks ago and it still had some of last years Glasto mud stuck in the poles despite me cleaning it when I got home!

tent.jpg

Edited by rseamer

8 hours ago, Miesh said:

This morning there were puddles in the corners of the porch.  The groundsheet is linked-in.  Does anyone have advice on how to reduce the water ingress or is it unavoidable?  

I'm asking for future reference and hoping it won't be an issue at Glastonbury because it will be dry for the duration.

Fix any holes/tears you can find then get some nikwax proofer spray and give the tent a good coating..

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/tent-spares/tent-cleaning

vango ark 300+ tent, got it for 2015 but didnt take it last year as just wanted the easiness of putting up that my quecha 3 man pop up brings to things but definitly missed having a porch and a bit of extra room even if it does take longer to whack together.

this one http://www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk/vango-ark-300-plus-tent.html

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I'm clueless on this type of thing and was wondering if anyone can help.
Last time I went was 2015 and I used the Eurohike Avon 3 man tent, was great for what I needed and I plan on using it again. I've been bragging to my friends who are going to their first Glasto that I've already got everything whilst they scurry to buy tents, sleeping bags etc..

I decided to give the old tent a check up in the garden earlier and discovered I'm not only missing one pole, but I haven't got a single one! :lol: 

Ive been at University the past 3 years so have moved house a few times and along the way have kept hold of the tent but not the poles, which I had in a seperate bag as I'm not the best at folding a tent on the monday morning.

When looking for replacement poles I get confused for what I'm looking for, is it wishful thinking that I expect as the tent comes with a set of poles they should sell the 3 poles together seperately? All I seem to find in terms of replacement poles are singular ones for like £2 and as I said at the beginning, I havent got a jar of glue about these things.

Specs of tent are here if needed: http://www.millets.co.uk/tents-camping/162607-eh-avon-dlx.html#read_more

If anyone can inform/educate me on what poles to get it would be greatly appreciated! :D

Hi tent people. I've bought this bad boy. Note the sizeable porch area, which will be easy to keep clean when I'm getting changed out of muddy stuff. I'm not too sure about the windows though. Not that I'm much to look at, but people like a peek don't they? Best not keep anything valuable on show in that area!

Also, the porch is entirely enclosed. Never in my life again will I get one where the flaps just come down and there's a desperate ground sheet. Absolute crap if it pisses it down

Got this off eBay second hand, never used (apparently), £50.

It's all wrapped up and I haven't attempted to put it up yet, so it's a gamble on the Weds! 

Edited by Stokesy10

On 29/05/2017 at 0:38 PM, Dan Eazy said:

Hi Tent fans, I'm bringing the Coastline 2 again this year. Love it. 

36E61392-E9A4-43D6-8FB1-9FBB4F791E91-7023-0000080000C50940.jpeg

Think that's the tent I saved from a neglectful owner in 2015!... Need to open it up at the weekend to check.

I found a 3 man tent under my bed when I last visited my parents so I will be taking that. 

Cant remember what it is or where it came from, nor if it's ever been put up. Might not even try it before we go.  

What can I say, I'm a risk taker