The 2017 what tent are you taking thread

OneLittleFish

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, how odd - I also had a calamity with one of the poles in 2013 when I was trying to force the bloody tent back in to a shape that would fit it's bag. Fortunately I stopped forcing it when I heard the fibres of the tent pole starting to snap away from each other. I think that I saved it, just in the nick of time.

The tent that you are going for this year is a beauty. So jealous of the porch area. I'd be tempted to buy another tent with a porch, but Glastonbury is the only place that I really use a tent nowadays as we now have a campervan, and because I believe in driving and existing tent in to the ground before replacing it.

Have fun at the festival, in your sw*nky tent. :)

You did well not letting the frustration get the better of you. My mate is just a big lummox who, despite a few suggestions that it wasn't meant to bend that way, carried on regardless. Still got it though, thought the kids might use it one day.... they haven't. Don't think they make a four man version anymore.

I didn't go in 2014 and then did worthy view the last 2 years so only just getting around to replacing it.

hope you a great (and sunny) time :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have the 3 man version of this which has two entrances (colima 3 TD tent). i love it as it means we can each have our own side, and dont have to crawl over each other - means that i can go to bed and be relatively undisturbed if DH comes in at 4am. if it gets sweltering we can open both sides to try and get a breeze.

I think we got this in 2010 maybe? and has done us well for most of the festivals we have been to. would actually like another similar one that had a taller profile but it seems there arent too many that have twin doors like this.

*edit, picture didnt work - link here: http://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/Gelert-Colima-4-TD-Tent-2008/m-480.aspx

Edited by mandana
pic didnt work

Got a choice this year. I have this one, a Coleman coastline 3-man:

61+elj8DiRL._SL1500_.jpg

Or I have the Quechua pop up fresh'n'black:

TENTE-2-SECONDS-2.png

I'm probably going to take the Quechua, just because it's new, it includes heat reflecting technology I'd otherwise have to sellotape to my tent via space blankets, and it's dark. It doesn't have a porch but oh well.

Edited by kalifire

I'm taking the same very water proof 2 person Eurohike tent I have used since my first Glastonbury in 93. Not surprisingly it's in its twilight years now. But seeing as this will be its 21st Glastonbury, I'm taking it for one last time to celebrate its retirement. It will be missed...

I have the Quechua fresh and black 3 man tent. It's the old skool poles one not the pop up or the inflatable because they won't fit in my rucksack. I only got it a few weeks ago and I doubt it'll be out of the bag between now and the wednesday of Glasto but all the reviews I've read are good so I'm happy enough. No porch which was handy for the muddy wellies last year but fuck it it'll be grand.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Got a choice this year. I have this one, a Coleman coastline 3-man:

61+elj8DiRL._SL1500_.jpg

Or I have the Quechua pop up fresh'n'black:

TENTE-2-SECONDS-2.png

I'm probably going to take the Quechua, just because it's new, it includes heat reflecting technology I'd otherwise have to sellotape to my tent via space blankets, and it's dark. It doesn't have a porch but oh well.

I've bought the Quechua Fresh&Black 3 man (just for me!) as well and am popping one of these on the front for extra space if its hoying it down:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-gear-store-p367492

Edited by Copperface
added link

I have an old igloo shaped dome tent. It's for two people, so quite spacious for one. I keep thinking that I should get myself a new tent, but it is still going strong. My brother-in-law in the Netherlands gave it to me years ago. Don't think they make tents of such durable quality anymore....

Edited by Watergirl

Quechua Arpenaz 4.1 here. It's proved it's worth a million times already with the spacious porch which basically means any campsite party can be moved indoors if the rain arrives plus chairs camping stoves etc can be easily lashed in there without being much of an impediment staggering back at 5am.

Taking a fishing bivvy and carp fishing bedchair to go in it. 

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/westlake-particle-two-man-bivvy-p216607

Will weigh a bloody ton but bivvy, bedchair and sleeping bag will all fit on my carp trolley so after setting up camp I'll make a return trip to the car for clothes and booze. 

23536-1409121346261109032217.jpg