Can I be the first to moan about it being too hot? :P

WheresMyTent

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

How was this possible?! It wasn't even particularly sunny! My egyptian genes offer me some additional protection from the suns rays, but I've never quite got how people can burn up so easily- I remember one year, getting through the gates, it was 10am and cloudy. We put up our tents (took about 20mins) and I Iooked up and my friends were all sun burnt! I don't get it!

Nobody likes a gloater.  I need factor 50 under a 100w bulb!

Just now, Untz said:

Find some shade and don't get hammered until it starts to cool a bit?

I'd love to find some shade, but that also means I miss doing what I want to do. The sun restricts what I can do. Rain doesn't... I'd much rather it not rain. Everyone can do what they want if it's overcast and dry.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'd love to find some shade, but that also means I miss doing what I want to do. The sun restricts what I can do. Rain doesn't... I'd much rather it not rain. Everyone can do what they want if it's overcast and dry.

you're a strange chap, Dunlop. Very strange. 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Rain restricts what i want to do and i have to look like shite doing it ( damn ponchos ). Couldn't get around the site, fell over so many times i was covered in bruises. Much quicker to recover from heat than bruising. Couldn't sit down so exhausted all the time. Spent more money than usual in bars. 

Bring me sunshine! 

large.jpg

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

you're a strange chap, Dunlop. Very strange. 

My point about overcast and dry is true.

The next argument is always -"what do you do on holiday"? Stay out of the sun as much as possible... Shade, a pool or Air conditioned room cool you down though.

I'm not built for the sun. I'm from the north of England! Wind, cold, snow and 15 different types of rain I can handle. Sunburn, an inability to cool down sweating a lot - just isn't me!

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My point about overcast and dry is true.

The next argument is always -"what do you do on holiday"? Stay out of the sun as much as possible... Shade, a pool or Air conditioned room cool you down though.

I'm not built for the sun. I'm from the north of England! Wind, cold, snow and 15 different types of rain I can handle. Sunburn, an inability to cool down sweating a lot - just isn't me!

I'm a pale skinned Lancastrian who ordinarily wouldn't consider going outside if i couldn't wear my Big Coat, but for festivals i power through. 

This is perfect weather but when it is hot like this and if you do suffer from the heat you need to prepare yourself and you don't have to struggle, just like if it rains if you prepare and have the right clothing its fine.

If you get heat stroke and burn easily don't wear shorts and short sleeve tops, cover up. Thin baggy tops and bottoms and a big hat, carry a water bottle around with you and fill up every time you go past a water point. If you do sleep out in the sun make sure your covered up as well, nothing worse than a 2 hour nap and wake up really sun burnt. If you do have your arms and legs out apply suntan regularly and when you get to a water point a splash of water on your face and down your back works wonders. 

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I can't put it up while watching an act. I'm 6ft 3 or 4 - people whinge like fuck that I block their view to begin with!

But great being that tall as you can see over most people's heads. Son also 6ft 4 and can always see the acts.  I am 5ft 6 and often struggle.