Can I be the first to moan about it being too hot? :P

WheresMyTent

I know, the weather at the moment is lovely! But being a full-fledged ginger I'm not looking forward to the prospect of a swealtering Glasto reminiscent of 2010! Sun cream, sweat, never feeling clean despite showering on the Friday, sunburn, heat stroke, not being able to drink booze as it's too dehydrating, being too tired to move, no shade...

Don't get me wrong it would be better than last year's mudfest, but I'm hoping for a solid 20 degrees with some cloud cover and a breeze. :P 

Edited by WheresMyTent

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, WheresMyTent said:

Don't get me wrong, the weather at the moment is lovely! But being a full-fledged ginger I'm not looking forward to the prospect of a swealtering Glasto reminiscent of 2010! Sun cream, sweat, never feeling clean despite showering on the Friday, sunburn, heat stroke, not being able to drink booze as it's too dehydrating, being too tired to move, no shade...

Don't get me wrong it would be better than last year's mudfest, but I'm hoping for a solid 20 degrees with some cloud cover and a breeze. :P 

Someone please ban this heretic ! Do you have any idea what you're saying woman ???? :growl:

2 minutes ago, Franky said:

Someone please ban this heretic ! Do you have any idea what you're saying woman ???? :growl:

Sorry... it's difficult for us gingers! 

Plus, when you've just stumbled back to your tent at 6am after a night in the naughty corner, do you really wanna wake up in a sweat box one hour later? 

4 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

I'm in your camp, I went to Hurricane festival in Germany a few years back and it was 35c and a dust storm, ever since then I've not hated the rain quite as much.

35 Celsius is too hot. Done that for Southside in Germany one year. This is England though. It will not be that hot. 

Current weather would be a dream for GF.

No! Its not too hot. I'm ginger and left the site in 2015 with heat stroke and a seriously disgusting looking series of blisters on my hands. More of that please. Last years mud fest can fucking do one. Buy a hat. 

Oh come on...as if we wouldn't all be perfectly happy with 20 degrees and not a speck of rain. 25 degrees would be lovely of course, but I would happily hedge my bets and take the 20 now rather than pick whatever's in the mystery weather box!

But yeh...Im probably going to take to sleeping outside if it does get to 2010 levels. Sounds quite nice really :)

13 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

2010 was heaven, i don;t even remember it being too hot, just that i walked around all weekend in flip flops and shorts t - shirt and a hat 

and i slept outside

I agree! Even in the long rubbish, wet, cold summers and winters since, I often think back to the glorious sunshine of glastonbury 2010, and it helps power me through

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

No! Its not too hot. I'm ginger and left the site in 2015 with heat stroke and a seriously disgusting looking series of blisters on my hands. More of that please. Last years mud fest can fucking do one. Buy a hat. 

How was this possible?! It wasn't even particularly sunny! My egyptian genes offer me some additional protection from the suns rays, but I've never quite got how people can burn up so easily- I remember one year, getting through the gates, it was 10am and cloudy. We put up our tents (took about 20mins) and I Iooked up and my friends were all sun burnt! I don't get it!

Right now I am sweating like a hooker in church . London is too hot. There is no breeze. Moan moan, another moan ;)

I'm just hoping for a couple less degrees for Glasto. That's all, just so I can sleep and not stay permanently sticky.

No way is it too hot. This would be absolute perfection. Fair enough if most of the stuff you want to see is in at 12-3ish then it might not be completely ideal, but If the weather is like this in a month, you've just got to chill until mid late afternoon then enjoy the beautiful dry ground, lovely warm weather, beautiful sun and 12+ hours of entertainment ahead of you.