Can I be the first to moan about it being too hot? :P

WheresMyTent

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I can't put it up while watching an act. I'm 6ft 3 or 4 - people whinge like fuck that I block their view to begin with!

I think you might be the guy that always stands in front of me 30 seconds before the act starts. 

And then puts a hat on.

I'm normally all for a hot sunny one but I've acclimatised to living in Iceland and I'm genuinely bricking it about it being a blazer 

It cracked 18 degrees here last week and I was cutting about in shorts and a t shirt and getting a slight dab on

the thought of getting to England to anything more than 20 is giving me nightmares 

I don't want r**n but can someone turn that the thermostat down for next month? 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are also concerning levels of anti Welsh humour in Hi-De-Hi.

I'll take your word for it. It wasn't watched in our house so don't know. As far as It Ain't Half Hot Mom goes, I remember watching it but can't recall the content. I think I just dumbly watched it because it was the chosen program from those in the house who were older than me. That tends to be the case when you are the second youngest in a family of seven.

Well today couldn't be more different to yesterday, spent yesterday in full Glastonbury training mode, sat drinking cider in a campsite overlooking boscastle, clear blue skies and all my white bits are now red bits.

after the mother of all thunderstorms overnight it's now blowing a hoolie and chucking it down and the sea mist has reduced visibility to about 20 feet, but on a positive note my wife has just put 2 bacon sarnies down in front of me so all is good in the world.

I think most agree that somewhere in the lower half of the 20s, with occasional clouds drifting past and giving some welcome respite is perfect festival weather.  My top tip for blazing weather is to take an oversize white cotton shirt, was an absolute godsend in 2010 where I didn't get so much as a hint of sunburn.

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Whilst I absolutely loved 2010, my boyfriend (who wasn't there) does not do well in the heat so I'd settle for low to mid 20s, even a bit of cloud cover. Just makes life easier.

2010 was extreme though. That was up to 30 at times wasn't it? I don't expect a repeat of that any time soon.

2013 ticks this box IMO

12 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I think you might be the guy that always stands in front of me 30 seconds before the act starts. 

And then puts a hat on.

I suffer from this problem too as they always seem to find me without fail - this picture taken in 2015 made me laugh, loads of space at the Other stage and the 6ft 2 dude finds the short arse to stand in front of :lol:

tall dude.jpg

I have hayfever & burn pretty quickly in the sun, however if offered a choice between the heatwave of 2010 & the mud of last year I would choose the heatwave every time!

make sure you have a hat, keep well refreshed (and I don't just mean alcohol, lots of water too!) & keep topping up the slip slap slop & you should be fine. In the extreme heat in the middle of the day choose some entertainment in one of the tents, or even better the glade :)

The ideal year for weather from my memory was in 2003/2008/2009 (& 2015 from what I've heard) dry & sunny on the whole with only minimal wet stuff & temps in the low-mid 20s 

Edited by mario man

20 hours ago, swede said:

I'd take 2010 again. Was watching the Ray Davies set today thinking how good the place looked.

It was my wife's first Glastonbury and our honeymoon. 

First festival and honeymoon , that's pretty much perfect 

10 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

First festival and honeymoon , that's pretty much perfect 

I'd been twice before and somehow I managed to blag the honeymoon idea to her. I really wanted it to be perfect and knew with her bad hips from having our two kids a lot of rain would kill that, the weather was perfect and she'd fell in love with the place by the Thursday. 

2013 was our favourite year though, for some reason after the fallow year there was something magical going on that year. 

We couldn't go last year so I'm hoping for something similar this year