Wildlife @ Glastonbury

adms

A bit of a totally random one I know.

But it has recently crossed my mind about wildlife at the festival - Foxes, Bunnies, Bugs, Snekz ;) 
Obviously Glastonbury is a working farm, surrounded by beautiful countryside, it's bound to be riddled with all sorts of creatures. But have you ever encountered anything unusual in the way of wildlife around the site during the festival? Obviously once the music kicks off on Friday I expect everything makes a dash in some sort of direction.

I remember seeing a couple of farm cats on the railway line a number of years ago - Also, those pesky seagulls make their way to the site - those swarms are a dooming sight of a morning.

I know it's totally bizarre - but just curious. 

tumblr_m8913cULgz1qg39ewo1_500.gif

I saw a hare sitting in the hedgerow outside our van a couple of years ago, he just sat there and stared at me as I was staring at him, then he turned round and toddled off.  It was early about 6.00 am.

12 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

A couple of deer one year. They looked pretty freaked out, poor things.

They shoot them if they are inside the fence, well they have done. Not sure if they have better methods now

Peasants wandering around our camp most years

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

They shoot them if they are inside the fence, well they have done. Not sure if they have better methods now

Peasants wandering around our camp most years

Could be peasants, of course, he he, but think you mean pheasants!! Made me laugh!!!

Not Glasto but animal at festival related.

After a hard weekend at Leeds years ago I just rolled up my tent ( could not be bothered to pack it away properly ) and shoved it in my rucksack .  Got back home emptied rucksack in my yard and went to put the kettle on . Went back out and a hedge hog was in my back yard .  To this day I am convinced it must have been under my tent at Leeds and got caught up in my tent when i lifted it .

Poor Henie from a lovely spot at Bramham Park to a yard in Wakey !

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Fuck's sake, Quark! I'm going to have nightmares now! Freaky shit, that sequence. *Shudder*

Heh, it was that or the heffalumps and woozles.

On topic though I honestly don't think I've ever noticed anything beyond gulls while I've been there.