Wildlife @ Glastonbury

adms

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Oh I saw a very wasted guy rolling around on that thing..  Fucking grim!

He was loving it thoough. People including us kept asking if he was ok and if he wanted a hand getting up but he kept saying he was fine just chilling out......great glasto attitude lying in the mud and loving it :P

Bought some ceramic dragonflies as a present one year so had to get them to tent safely in afternoon, stones year,was hot so sat at tent having can and smoke, saw a tiny insect going up and down over tents until a dragonfly came and hovered about 6 inches from my face

The other year a field mouse ate a hole though my inner tent and became my house mate for a few nights.

The hole appeared early on in the festival, but the mouse was found on packing up day!

Edited by benc

17 hours ago, adms said:

A bit of a totally random one I know.

But it has recently crossed my mind about wildlife at the festival - Foxes, Bunnies, Bugs, Snekz ;) 
Obviously Glastonbury is a working farm, surrounded by beautiful countryside, it's bound to be riddled with all sorts of creatures. But have you ever encountered anything unusual in the way of wildlife around the site during the festival? Obviously once the music kicks off on Friday I expect everything makes a dash in some sort of direction.

I remember seeing a couple of farm cats on the railway line a number of years ago - Also, those pesky seagulls make their way to the site - those swarms are a dooming sight of a morning.

I know it's totally bizarre - but just curious. 

tumblr_m8913cULgz1qg39ewo1_500.gif

2015 while setting up my tent in South Park  a hare came tare arsing out of a bush and ran for it's life dodging tents and people

I have often wondered this myself... Last year I saw a lovely bird in the trees by Hell. It was calling for ages and I had a real moment feeling sorry for it trying to call out to its partner or kids. Not sure it was keen on the music. 

14 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

seen a swan last year so I snapped a quick pic as it didn't look very well.....it was ok though because Jesus was comforting it :P

swan.jpg

Lol! Wildlife at Glasto. I spy myself with a Yeti. :D

Should look for the pic i took of that guy and see if i can see a penguin. 

Edited by H.M.V

18 hours ago, Dillyblue said:

Could be peasants, of course, he he, but think you mean pheasants!! Made me laugh!!!

:)

oh and also seen owls nesting in the orchard (behind T&C). and there was a bird of pray (can't remember which) that had nested in the Pyramid and they had to wait for the young to fly before they could carry on working. lovely to watch, but kind of sad at the same time

14 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

seen a swan last year so I snapped a quick pic as it didn't look very well.....it was ok though because Jesus was comforting it :P

swan.jpg

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Lol! Wildlife at Glasto. I spy myself with a Yeti. :D

Should look for the pic i took of that guy and see if i can see a penguin. 

received_120332001029055448.jpeg

i spotted a young badger once at night when I was wondering through that wooded glade bit that was kind of the highroad shortcut to the Pyramid stage with some bogs at the end of it. He seemed pretty chill, i just said hello and bimbled on.

That shortcut no longer exists afaik