Failed my driving test, next best way to get there?

Ollie9917

Just now, Someoni said:

Where abouts are you? Hopefully a spare seat in a car...

10 working days, get that retest booked.

Unlucky but perseverance is the key 

Service is down right now, I can't rebook it yet but I doubt I'll get a date before glasto

one can hope

1 minute ago, Ollie9917 said:

Service is down right now, I can't rebook it yet but I doubt I'll get a date before glasto

one can hope

I live in north Wales. Failed my test and got a cancellation with 2 days notice after my fail, in Widnes. Never been before. 9 am on a Saturday, passed. You can do it !

2 hours ago, Ollie9917 said:

Failed my driving test, again !!! 

Whats the best/cheapest way to get there? Any coaches cheaper than other companies?

gaaargh im so annoyed

Mate, are you sure you want to be driving to and more to the point from one of the greatest parties in the world only a few days after taking your test ? I'm hoping you live within like 30 miles or something and not Scotland. 

Edited by Franky

2 hours ago, Franky said:

Mate, are you sure you want to be driving to and more to the point from one of the greatest parties in the world only a few days after taking your test ? I'm hoping you live within like 30 miles or something and not Scotland. 

^^ This, the drive home is the worst.  We booked into a hotel on the Monday night about an hour from Glastonbury in the past, and I'd been driving for about 10 years.  

Unless you live local, you don't want to be driving so close to passing your test. You could be driving for hours with the traffic, and you'll be completely unfamiliar with all the roads. And the drive home is horrendous, even if you've been driving 20 years.

If you're a new driver even if you passed your test I wouldn't advise driving to Glastonbury. Even experienced drivers find it hard. We're doing the coach this year and are relieved we don't have to drive again! The train isn't too bad down to castle Cary and national express coaches aren't bad either. 

As everyone has said, you don't wanna be driving home. It'll be in the back of your mind as you get to Sunday, and put a dampener on things.

I drove home to Scotland last year on a helleva come down, add that to the mud and traffic, hellish.

Chin up, book it again. 

Edit : the best folk pass their driving test on their second go :P

Edited by SG87

Depending on your location, a train ticket might be expensive this close to the day. However, i would highly recommend a train to Castle Cary and then a shuttle bus. The atmosphere is amazing, and there's a point where the bus goes over a hill and you see the whole festival below you. Breathtaking!

1 hour ago, Wanderlei said:

Depending on your location, a train ticket might be expensive this close to the day. However, i would highly recommend a train to Castle Cary and then a shuttle bus. The atmosphere is amazing, and there's a point where the bus goes over a hill and you see the whole festival below you. Breathtaking!

Don't forget the moment you get off the train and get sold big old plastic bottles of the local cider :P

I am flying solo to my first ever GF, Ive been driving 37 years and dread the drive home.  It's just over 100 miles for me and tiredness and slight depression will make it very tiring...

Advice from an oldie get the train 

Oh and good luck on the next test x

11 hours ago, verrymerry said:

^^ This, the drive home is the worst.  We booked into a hotel on the Monday night about an hour from Glastonbury in the past, and I'd been driving for about 10 years.  

You must've took a few wrong turns mate, even in really heavy traffic it's a day at the most.

16 hours ago, Ollie9917 said:

Failed my driving test, again !!! 

Whats the best/cheapest way to get there? Any coaches cheaper than other companies?

gaaargh im so annoyed

What did you fail on? I failed mine 4 times, for all sorts of different exotic reasons. I was becoming part of the furniture down the test centre by the end of it.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What did you fail on? I failed mine 4 times, for all sorts of different exotic reasons. I was becoming part of the furniture down the test centre by the end of it.

I failed mine 20 years ago because I was so pleased I'd remembered to check the mirrors and fasten my seatbelt, that I drove out of the starting carpark on the wrong side of the road! :lol:Still can't drive to this day!

I'd echo the points about not driving anyway even if you had passed. I drive 30-40k a year and can confirm that driving whilst tired is one of the worst things you can do, was struggling only yesterday and had to stop, luckily wasn't on a motorway 

Where in the country are you?

Depending where you are National Express might be your best and cheapest option - vs the train http://www.nationalexpress.com/events/glastonbury-festival.aspx

Alternatively, see if the Megabus has anything cheap for getting to Bristol and hop on a train there! 

I'm driving down this year, stopping off at a friends the night before. I've driven twice before but usually and happily, get the coach too and from - it's just easier to sleep on the coach home. You can't do that when driving. The drive home is not a fun one! Opt for public transport. Check the lift-share thread, might be someone with a spare seat for you too!

Don't worry about the driving test - it'll happen. Just be patient and practice.