Driving from Cheltenham

Steveod38

Logically M5 to A39. 

However, if you prefer the back roads and/or want to avoid Bristol traffic, you could try Cheltenham > Cirencester > Malmesbury > Chippenham > Melksham > Trowbridge > Frome > Shepton.

Depending on what time you're planning to do the drive, it could be quicker. Check Waze or Google Maps for the best on the day route. I've NO idea what Ziggiucamp is or where it's located, so you might need to ask them which is the best approach anyway.

8 minutes ago, Steveod38 said:

Any advice from best route from Cheltenham to festival? Driving from Holyhead on Tuesday stopping off in Cheltenham, hoping to hit our off site camping around lunch time , staying with Ziggucamp

We go from Tewkesbury which is next to cheltenham and we just head down the m5 and get off at j23. There are other back rputes you can go but to be honest these have all proved to have the same traffic as the straight forward route in the past

It can be yeah, or just over that depending on m5 traffic but it's usually smooth sailing until the inevitable festival traffic which we usually hit around 30-40mins after leaving the m5 as you get close to the site 

13 hours ago, Steveod38 said:

Any advice from best route from Cheltenham to festival? Driving from Holyhead on Tuesday stopping off in Cheltenham, hoping to hit our off site camping around lunch time , staying with Ziggucamp

What time are you leaving on Wednesday? We leave at the crack of dawn but go straight through Bristol, and it's a dream. It was an easy divert around all the traffic last year as well thanks to Google Maps.

Looking at a map ziggucamp is on the A361 west of the site. I would come down the M5 and head in through Street and Glastonbury. Getting from Shelton Mallet to west of the site is not easy due to numerous road restrictions ( I know from experience )

20 hours ago, ian the worm said:

I'm Stroud and I always do A46 Nailsworth, Bath, A39 Shepton.  Straight line innit!

Capture.thumb.PNG.35ac3985c3fcda985a001cb1bb3480c5.PNG

As @alanr says above you will need to approach from Glastonbury on A361 to get to Ziggucamp.  You could use the M5/Street/Glastonbury route but you could also use the route in the map making sure you stay on the A39 at Farrington Gurney and don't head south to Shepton Mallet on A37.  Follow the A39 direct to Wells then south to Glastonbury to join the A361 heading East.

Have a great trip B)

On 5/25/2017 at 1:01 PM, ian the worm said:

I'm Stroud and I always do A46 Nailsworth, Bath, A39 Shepton.  Straight line innit!

Capture.thumb.PNG.35ac3985c3fcda985a001cb1bb3480c5.PNG

We're in Tetbury and that's pretty much the exact route we take. Last year's debacle excepted, it works pretty well.