Sunrise or Sunset

marathonsteve

5 minutes ago, Untz said:

There's something a bit horrible about being fucked in the SE Corner when/after the sun has come up. Doesn't feel right.

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Sunrise is the business. Though is was more just becoming gradually lighter. There's something very special about being in the SE Corner as it becomes day again 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

There's a nice contrasting opinion form me and Untz

I was just going to say the same ..... (you're right though Mezzy-one!)

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

There's something a bit horrible about being fucked in the SE Corner when/after the sun has come up. Doesn't feel right.

Nil points @Untz!!

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Sunrise is the business. Though is was more just becoming gradually lighter. There's something very special about being in the SE Corner as it becomes day again 

Dix points à Mez!

The 0300h-0600h shift in the SEC is one of my favourite things in the world. 

That feeling of community when the crowd is immersed as one in the music, in the dark, only then for dawn slowly to emerge until, gradually you can see properly all the lovely happy faces you've half seen in the lasers for the past three hours. Heaven. 

:)

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

That feeling of community when the crowd is immersed as one in the music, in the dark, only then for dawn slowly to emerge until, gradually you can see properly all the lovely happy faces you've half seen in the lasers for the past three hours. Heaven. 

:)

Ben

You mean mangled faces and general depravity.

I saw both every day last year. There's something magical to me about the sunset slot, the ambience of it all usually feels like quite a moment for me. 

Sunrise I watched one up by the sign and partied through the other 2. I love walking back to my tent and there's always an eerie silence with dawn. I think I'd rather party through them though. 

My first moment of recognition of how special a Glastonbury sunset can be was during Gomez in '99 on the other stage, where the band had to just stop and take note of how beautiful it was, deep and red, warm and comforting, a perfect moment.

I think the sunset last year on Saturday night though, that was about the best I've seen.  Glorious colours amongst the clouds that made the blues seem brighter and lined the clouds with gold.

I see every sunset (unless its raining :D) but i've only seen a few sunrises, last one was a last time it was sunny, so 2010 I guess? I desperatly tried to stay awake having been drinking solidly since 1PMish, strolled back to my van at about 4am with a warm can of beer and barely kept my eyes open as the sun crept over the hedges in E16, was brilliant, but I was shattered the next day :D