Sign in to follow this  
waterfalls212434

`earache express` on its way .....

On 6/1/2017 at 0:20 PM, Will-2609 said:

Didn't realise their lineup had been added. Ho99o9 on Thursday night will be ideal.

Why do bands have to use weird characters in their names? I had to ask a friend how to pronounce this- I'd go for "ho nine nine o nine", not Horror. it's like Chvrches all over again!

Ch ver ches. I mean really. My inner grammar nazi is very twitchy!!! 

10 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Why do bands have to use weird characters in their names? I had to ask a friend how to pronounce this- I'd go for "ho nine nine o nine", not Horror. it's like Chvrches all over again!

Ch ver ches. I mean really. My inner grammar nazi is very twitchy!!! 

To me 9s look like gs so I thought it was Hoggog at first glance.

To be fair to Chvurches I head on here that it was a savvy choice for findability on tinternet search engines (SEO and all that)

Do we think there will be anymore bands added to this?

Currently only 2 on the Saturday and Sunday.

I'd hope they would add more. As much as it never been all day schedule, feel like there could be 1 or 2 more each day.

8 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

To me 9s look like gs so I thought it was Hoggog at first glance.

To be fair to Chvurches I head on here that it was a savvy choice for findability on tinternet search engines (SEO and all that)

Let's call them Hoggog! That's good! 

9 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

What do you mean?

Heck usually all bugger off into the audience whilst playing, and then often out of the venue, in the loo, at the bus stop outside... They still manage to sound pretty good whilst they are at it. I think I saw the drummer crowd surf once with his drums...

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to Ho99o9, not seen them or been impressed by the videos, but everyone I know who's seen them rants about them being amazing live. Thursday is going to be a good day.

Could see me spending a lot of time at this stage! Hopefully the kind of music will put off enough people so it isnt rammed. 

Just noticed that Ho99o9 are now on at 11pm on thurs not 1am

Screenshot_20170619-000619.thumb.png.d272b9fd3960543241090f773fa6a746.png

Did anyone actually get in? Tried to Thursday for Ho99o9 but not a chance.

Spoke to the guy who was running it and he said he was genuinely amazed by the response and said they were only expecting 50 odd people. Pleased for them but hope they get a bigger stage next time!

Queued 45 minutes for glen Matlock after the queue woman told us we would definitely make it in. Turns out she was off by roughly 50 people. Gutted. Ended up catching a great rockabilly band further down though so not all bad 

saw ho99o9 and wormrot in there, Thursday night and Saturday night respectively - it was brilliant in there. Friendly staff, amazing tunes, really good punters, ridiculous bonkers venue - I bloody loved it, I'd move in if I could! 

I chatted to the Earache guy too, he was a nice fella - I said I'd be really happy to volunteer/work it if they get invited back, by the sounds of things he'd love to make it regular thing 

I managed to get in and the queue didn't seem that bad to me? I was just lucky I guess!

Extreme Noise Terror were on and seemed genuinely confused if appreciative of how weird the set-up of the tube was as well as the fact it was a band like them playing Glastonbury. That being said they had their fun with it and were pretty stellar.

Less stellar was the twat who thought it'd be funny to shout skinhead/ Skrewdriver, thankfully the frontman heard and showed up the heckler, the look on the twat's face when he got called out was pretty priceless.

It's a shame what you lot said about not being able to get in, going on the tube and seeing Napalm Death get a good crowd on the Truth stage shows that booking these acts paid off and I hope we see more of it next Glastonbury!

• Upvote 1

I know it wasn't on the Express but I ended up watching Napalm Death standing next to the dad out of My Parents are Aliens. I don't like bothering the famous when they're enjoying the festival but I really might regret not getting a photo of that one.