Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
waterfalls212434

`earache express` on its way .....

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:
 its gonna be bloody rammed

the authentic tube experience, then. :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the authentic tube experience, then. :P

 

I really hope we have `mind the gap` announcements before each band......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the impression from one of the articles that only the stage would be made of the tube train, there'll be a tent or some kind of area around it.

EDIT: here we go "basically the stage will be inside a 60ft old tube carriage"

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-festival-2017-new-heavy-46565

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I got the impression from one of the articles that only the stage would be made of the tube train, there'll be a tent or some kind of area around it.

EDIT: here we go "basically the stage will be inside a 60ft old tube carriage"

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-festival-2017-new-heavy-46565

I was gonna say like, there'd barely be room for a full sized drumkit at the sharp end of a tube carriage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we think the Earache Express stage will have it's own announcement? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jdog said:

So we think the Earache Express stage will have it's own announcement? 

Yeah they said on twitter earlier it's on its way just finalising times etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bigger bands (Napalm Death/Dead Kennedys) have already been announced for the truth stage so maybe the whole venue will be inside the tube train? Assuming its a microvenue, two tube carriages wouldn't be that different to the size of that punk stage last year/the year before..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2017 at 3:19 PM, Hotchilidog said:

Good job they aren't using a Southern train it may never get there.

London midland would be offering a replacement bus service that gets you there in time for the fallow year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh just saw Glen Matlock added on Thursday. :)

Christ, proper 4 days of music now. Thursday is busy and full of fun. Matlock, The Orb (twice!), launch of the new metal area NY brass band off stage welcome to Shangri La set (whatever that is), Baggy Mondays, Napalm Death, Smyths, Guilty Pleasures....

And Ho99o9 seems like nice lads

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Thursday is going to be brilliant!! 

Could end up seeing 30+ acts this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The Nal said:

NY brass band off stage welcome to Shangri La set (whatever that is)

They did that last year as well (although not announced as off stage). Everyone turned up in front of the stage, but they started playing inside the crowd (off stage) instead and stayed there for the whole set. Great fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jdog said:

They did that last year as well (although not announced as off stage). Everyone turned up in front of the stage, but they started playing inside the crowd (off stage) instead and stayed there for the whole set. Great fun.

Ah righto.

Very interested to see this whole place, the layout, what sort of tunes they'll play late doors, if theres new food stalls etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great to see music on the heavier spectrum being represented at Glastonbury; Britain's scene is positively flourishing at the moment and it should be celebrated

I'm particularly looking forward to HECK utilising about five different Shangri-La venues during their performance on Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-1 at 0:21 PM, rawaudioinput said:

I'm particularly looking forward to HECK utilising about five different Shangri-La venues during their performance on Sunday

What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×