H.M.V

Explosion at the M.E.N

My youngest lad set off for 3 months work in New York yesterday. He decided to go stay at a girlfriends place in Manchester for a couple of days before flying out. 

Got evacuated earlier on today ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40132725

At the moment he is due to fly out tomorrow and has no access to any of his stuff.

Not the best way to start a long trip.

On 01/06/2017 at 11:05 AM, Quark said:

Oh man, reading that really hits.  

Doesn't it just. Fucking tears in my eyes again. 

Arena reopening September 9th with a benefit gig. NGHFB, Courteeners, Blossoms, Rick Astley playing. https://twitter.com/CapitalManc/status/897716577600196613

Surely would've been more appropriate to book acts appealing to the demographic caught up in the attack, to help them feel safe and supported in starting attending the arena again. Booking your usual dull middle-aged guitar bands seems like a missed opportunity. But at least they're doing something I guess.

Edited by Zac Quinn

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Arena reopening September 9th with a benefit gig. NGHFB, Courteeners, Blossoms, Rick Astley playing. https://twitter.com/CapitalManc/status/897716577600196613

Surely would've been more appropriate to book acts appealing to the demographic caught up in the attack, to help them feel safe and supported in starting attending the arena again. Booking your usual dull middle-aged guitar bands seems like a missed opportunity. But at least they're doing something I guess.

That's what they did for One Love Manchester though. If they tried to do that again it'd just be a lesser version of that, whereas this is something different but staying true to Manchester and a reason to close the night with Don't Look Back in Anger.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's what they did for One Love Manchester though. If they tried to do that again it'd just be a lesser version of that, whereas this is something different but staying true to Manchester and a reason to close the night with Don't Look Back in Anger.

fair point. Would've held off on OLM to reopen the arena with that if it were up to me, but there we go.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Fair play, I was doubtful when they said September as it took them a year to reopen the Bataclan. 

I see they've gone airline style with baggage restrictions.