Explosion at the M.E.N

H.M.V

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, arcade fireman said:

Yeah it's difficult to argue the girl tweeting that wasn't trying to make political capital in her own way by using the words "Tory supporters" to open her post with. Not good either way. 

because they were fucking tory supporters using the deaths as capital? what the fuck was she meant to call them????

Edited by waterfalls212434

If it does turn out to I.S inspired, they have been targeting kids in the Middle East for years so in many ways not a surprise for them to cross this hideously low line

Saying that still sent chills down my spine when fatalities were confirmed, but looked ominous when the footage of 7/8 ambulances heading towards the scene early on during the incident. 

Feel numb to be fair - it's wrong, but it does always seem that little more horrifying when it happens closer to home. 

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

because they were fucking tory supporters using the deaths as capital? what the fuck was she meant to call them????

There are many sick fucks posting shit on twitter after an attack like this. To cherry pick the ones just from Tory supporters seems to me to be making a political point. Party politics has absolutely no place here, those bastards aren't representative of anyone. 

9 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Just catching up on this after being busy at work. At least they haven't hung around calling it a terrorist incident like they usually do. 

This is fucking sickening. Kids for fucks sake.

What is the relevance of how quickly they call it a terrorist incident? Surely they should get all their facts straight before they release anything to the public. Regardless, there are far more serious things to worry about that how the media word their reports.

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

What is the relevance of how quickly they call it a terrorist incident? Surely they should get all their facts straight before they release anything to the public. Regardless, there are far more serious things to worry about that how the media word their reports.

Yea the alt-right crowd in particular love that narrative. A lot of chatter on Twitter from them that it's proof of some kind of conspiracy when in reality its the emergency services ensuring that unnecessary panic isn't caused so they can deal with the victims first and investigate the facts

29 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

There are many sick fucks posting shit on twitter after an attack like this. To cherry pick the ones just from Tory supporters seems to me to be making a political point. Party politics has absolutely no place here, those bastards aren't representative of anyone. 

they werent fucking cherry picked they were picked BECAUSE they were trying to make a political point out of this whole thing thats why she included their tweets! 

At this time we know very little and to indulge in finger pointing or idle speculation just aids the perpetrators' desire to divide us.  Fuck 'em, I say, whoever is responsible, don't give them the satisfaction of gluing yourself to twitter or 24 hour news rolling updates.  Attention is what they crave.

11 minutes ago, Spindles said:

At this time we know very little and to indulge in finger pointing or idle speculation just aids the perpetrators' desire to divide us.  Fuck 'em, I say, whoever is responsible, don't give them the satisfaction of gluing yourself to twitter or 24 hour news rolling updates.  Attention is what they crave.

I wish id never even logged onto to the net tonight, struck me hard, esp being kids and esp as im going to an arena show myself this week....I really hope maiden do some kind of tribute at least to the victims especially as they played the Manchester arena themselves only just last week.

Im off to bed if I can ever get rid of this fucking rage im feeling about now.

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I wish id never even logged onto to the net tonight, struck me hard, esp being kids and esp as im going to an arena show myself this week....I really hope maiden do some kind of tribute at least to the victims especially as they played the Manchester arena themselves only just last week.

Im off to bed if I can ever get rid of this fucking rage im feeling about now.

I am just gutted mate and feel exactly the same as you. I am stuck in work and just feel so helpless and deflated. Seeing pictures of some of the missing kids is absolutely heartbreaking.

Whats wrong with the world?

My nearly 24 year old cousin took my 13 year old cousin this evening as a birthday treat. These are the sorts of people this vile scum targeted. 

Both safe but stuck in Manchester for now. Bigger cousin looking after a few girls unable to reach their parents. She's a star! 

Hope if anyone else has relatives/friends that they got out safely too.

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Had a friend there and another is missing. Music should be a safe place. Devastated 

I hope your friends are ok Lucy x

This is a very very sad day. 

10 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Had a friend there and another is missing. Music should be a safe place. Devastated 

I hope your friend is alright Lucy. Hopefully they are in one of the hotels.

It is just sickening. What kind of a sicko targets a pop concert full of young kids? These kids will have been looking forward to this concert for months, just like all of us are on here in regards to Glastonbury. It could possibly have been the first concert some of them have ever been to. Your first concert should be one you cherish fondly for the rest of your life, not something that could possibly ruin it.

I have been stuck in work all night just totally numb. It has started to sink in now and I am just too upset  to be angry. 

A concert full of kids. What kind of sick depraved individual targets a concert full of kids. I'm completely lost for words. It sounded absolutely terrifying. My friend is ok, the friend he went with is still missing. Just praying he's in one of the hotels

1 hour ago, Heather90 said:

My nearly 24 year old cousin took my 13 year old cousin this evening as a birthday treat. These are the sorts of people this vile scum targeted. 

Both safe but stuck in Manchester for now. Bigger cousin looking after a few girls unable to reach their parents. She's a star! 

Hope if anyone else has relatives/friends that they got out safely too.

No upvotes for this but your older cousin is a diamond. Well done to her in what must be a very traumatic time.

Edited by MilkyJoe

What horrendous news. My 13 year old niece went to her first gig the other day, she loved it and was looking forward to going to many more. Kids of all people should be safe when it comes to things like this. I know reports were initially all over the place as they often are with things like this, but sadly 19 fatalities can only be down to one thing.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

What horrendous news. My 13 year old niece went to her first gig the other day, she loved it and was looking forward to going to many more. Kids of all people should be safe when it comes to things like this. I know reports were initially all over the place as they often are with things like this, but sadly 19 fatalities can only be down to one thing.

Sadly it definitely seems like it was a bomb in the foyer. Sounds like it was by a merch stand.