Explosion at the M.E.N

H.M.V

reports are all over the place some say giant gas balloons exploded, some say a speaker stack, some say a bomb, some say gunmen, police are quite rightly dealing with the chaos and sorting out the victims before they investigate the cause I guess. thoughts with everyone there, been to the men myself and can imagine the carnage of everyone trying to rush out at once.

Edited by thatcrazypenguin

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A girl posted this on facebook:

"Just out of The Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester,I thought we would leave seconds before the last song finished in order too get home quicker instead of waiting longer for a taxi,As we where leaving a bomb or explosion went off centimetres infront of me.
Peoples skin/blood&Feces where everywhere including in my hair & on my bag,I'm still finding bits of god knows what in my hair.I am fine & back in my hotel I hope everyone involved and in front of me is okay.We are being told it was a balloon/sound system but I can assure you it was not,You never ever expect these things too happen too you but this proves it can happen too anybody.
That sound,The blood & those who where running around clueless with body parts & bits of skin missing will not be leaving my mind any time soon or the minds of those involved.
Again,Hope everyone is alright I am very,Very lucky too be where I am just now x"

She also added pictures of blood  (and other stuff) all over her hair, shirt and bag...It's a bit disturbing so I won't post it here..

:(

1 minute ago, somecoolusername said:

Lots of people on social media offering places to stay in the area for those stranded. Too early to know what went on, but heartening to see people stepping up in the worst circumstances 

Remember reading before. When tragedy happens don't focus on that. There are always helpers. Always. Focus on then. 

35 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Horrendous:( It always seems like it's happening somewhere else until it happens close to home.

I live 5 mins away and can hear nothing but sirens and police choppers circling ahead.

My apartment block backs onto an old disused car park where they're starting building a new apartment block, couple of nights in the last week we heard a loud bang and saw a loud flash late at night, I said to my other half at the time it sounded and looked like someone exploded a bomb out there - should probably go to the police tomorrow as they might have been doing a test run. 

Jesus Arcade Fireman, that's mental what you're saying. You should get that info to the police now. Might be a valuable lead for them to catch the bastards.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Jesus Arcade Fireman, that's mental what you're saying. You should get that info to the police now. Might be a valuable lead for them to catch the bastards.

Only thing that's stopping me from calling them now is I can't remember which night it was. And missus is at work doing a night shift. To be honest I doubt it'll change much of what they do in the next six hours. 

Got good friends who work there, thankfully not tonight. Both coming to Glastonbury. I hope their workmates are okay.

Two more people I know were there with their kids, got out unscathed.