H.M.V

Explosion at the M.E.N

Greater Manchester Police have said there are a "number of confirmed casualties" in their statement.

Unclear what's happened as of yet.

very weird, seems eerily quiet especially since it's been an hour now and still no statement of what happened...hoping its nothing serious and there's no casualties...:(

Terrible news! I do hope no-one on here is affected, but awful for all those caught up in this.

Feel numb. Place would have been rammed with women and children. 

Horrendous:( It always seems like it's happening somewhere else until it happens close to home.

I live 5 mins away and can hear nothing but sirens and police choppers circling ahead.

My apartment block backs onto an old disused car park where they're starting building a new apartment block, couple of nights in the last week we heard a loud bang and saw a loud flash late at night, I said to my other half at the time it sounded and looked like someone exploded a bomb out there - should probably go to the police tomorrow as they might have been doing a test run. 

• Upvote 1

Jesus, we were out in Manchester on Saturday night. Hope people are ok. 

It seems it could have been a stampede that caused the injuries after a couple of very loud bangs that people thought were explosives

Edited by billum

An eyewitness that was just on BBC radio (via their Twitter) thinks it may have been a shooting. A few contradicting reports online. It is scary the world we live in. 

Edited by vintagelaureate
Info

NOT SURE IF THIS IS REAL OR NOT (the timestamp does seems accurate though - apparently it says 9:30 because its not changed to BST yet)...

That's a really loud bang :(

This is terrible news. Obviously we have no idea on what has happened yet, I don't expect we will have a clear outlook on that till morning! 

This is horrific, Ariana Grande has such a young fanbase, I dread to think about how many children are there.

Report on telly saying lots of young uns there on their tod (without parents probably with friends). Imagine parents were outside waiting. Fucking terrifying. 

11 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

This is terrible news. Obviously we have no idea on what has happened yet, I don't expect we will have a clear outlook on that till morning! 

Agreed too early to say. Some suggestions that the deaths are due to crush injuries in the panic. Videos showing folks running out, mostly just kids.