Suitable ID for coach travel

henry bear

I've only taken the Seetickets coach once, but the driver didn't ask for ID. He just called out the lead booker's name and handed out an envelope containing the group's tickets. Reading others' experiences on here, that seems to have been the way happens most of the time. I wouldn't bother about ID for your son - at the end of the day the ticket has his photo on it which should be ID enough!

Did the coach in 2015 and took my passport just in case but the driver accepted debit/credit cards.

Don't understand the need for ID though. Photo on the ticket is good enough for entry so why isn't that ok? Rules are rules I guess.

15 hours ago, mph said:

Did the coach in 2015 and took my passport just in case but the driver accepted debit/credit cards.

Don't understand the need for ID though. Photo on the ticket is good enough for entry so why isn't that ok? Rules are rules I guess.

I've said before that our driver last year was a stickler and everyone had to show ID. All the tickets were in individual envelopes and he gave them out to each person in turn. A debit card was enough ID though.

One guy didn't have anything and he wouldn't give him his ticket.  The guy said that the photo and his face should be sufficient ID but the driver said he wasn't allowed to open the envelope!

On 30/05/2017 at 8:54 AM, Beerqueen said:

I've said before that our driver last year was a stickler and everyone had to show ID. All the tickets were in individual envelopes and he gave them out to each person in turn. A debit card was enough ID though.

One guy didn't have anything and he wouldn't give him his ticket.  The guy said that the photo and his face should be sufficient ID but the driver said he wasn't allowed to open the envelope!

Do they give unclaimed tickets to box office on site?