If you could bring back 1 act who'd it be

Ollie9917

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Don't think they ever played Glastonbury but sparklehorse would be my band. Like Chris Cornell   Mark Linkous who I believe was a genius died to early.. 

Sparklehorse was one I considered too. Was horrible seeing my dad so upset the day Mark Linkous died.

4 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Sparklehorse was one I considered too. Was horrible seeing my dad so upset the day Mark Linkous died.

Have you listened to dark night of the soul... Amazing piece of work but you have the feeling he was trying to tell people about his... Feelings..... I don't know the right word to use.. Tell your dad he has great tastes. 

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Have you listened to dark night of the soul... Amazing piece of work but you have the feeling he was trying to tell people about his... Feelings..... I don't know the right word to use.. Tell your dad he has great tastes. 

I've only heard the one about the belly of a mountain in full. Really good album though and I've been meaning to listen to them properly for ages. Actually I think I've probably heard vivadixie something as well. Their album titles are too hard to remember haha.

Edited by Odessa

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Don't think they ever played Glastonbury but sparklehorse would be my band. Like Chris Cornell   Mark Linkous who I believe was a genius died to early.. 

It's a wonderful life is such an underrated album. Gonna put that on tomorrow after work. 

Beastie boys are top for me as well. 

Would have loved the chance to see MJ or Freddie Mercury. 

Living acts? Daft punk headlining followed by Daft punk in the spider doing a purely Alive set. IVE HAD MANY DREAMS OF THIS. (Sometimes my dreams come true)

They didn't play Glasto, but I'd resurrect Robin and Maurice Gibb for a Bee Gees gig. The One Night Only album still is my favourite live gig.

Second would be Lemmy, didn't see the Motorhead show at Glasto 15, but that band was legendary.

The Glastonbury gig that I did see and would love to re-do is either the Rolling Stones show from 2013 or the QotSA gig from 2011.

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Was watching summat else and hadn't even heard her album at that point so wasn't interested. So I would like Lapsley back, I've since seen the light and heard her lush af album.

Had to also miss Nao last year, which I was grumpy about at the time, and I still am now. ESG, 65daysofstatic, Nick Cave, The Gaslamp Killer have all been clash casualties in the past also. In 2014 I didn't know about Chance The Rapper or Turtle Island but since got well into them both, so need them back.

Mainly though, Beyonce. Get Beyonce back.

I missed NAO too !! And Christine and the Queens, well annoying

2 minutes ago, OBface said:

Another one for Beastie Boys here. Huge regret that I never got to see them live.

My friend overdid it while we were waiting for them to come onstage - at what turned out to be their last Scottish gig - and ran away, climbing the fence to 'escape'.  Still kicking himself a decade later.

I think Prides for me.

They played JPT in 2015 and it was an amazing set. Was convinced they were going to go on to be pretty big. They released their first album shortly after Glastonbury and although it's a great album it didn't really perform commercially which is a shame. Their sound would be amazing on a mid-afternoon Other stage slot.