Twin Peaks

luckysalt

It deserves its own thread IMO.

I LOVE the original and well its back and boy is it back, I hyped it in my mind, so so much I didn't think it could come anywhere near my expectations....

It totally exceeded them. WOW what a comeback. Absolutely fantastic. Im just going to start episode 3. Already im getting saddened that soon it will be over, its good to hear they're open to a season 4 though!

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

It deserves its own thread IMO.

I LOVE the original and well its back and boy is it back, I hyped it in my mind, so so much I didn't think it could come anywhere near my expectations....

It totally exceeded them. WOW what a comeback. Absolutely fantastic.

Yep exactly the same thoughts.

The brilliant thing is that Lynch has obviously become so highly revered since the network pressures that shaped the second series that now he can return with pretty much complete control and artistic freedom. Which, I guess, is bad news if anyone wants mysteries solved by the end but it looks like it's gonna be a great ride. 

18 hours ago, themuel said:

I've never seen the original, before my time. Contemplating it. 

Series 1 is one of the greatest TV series of all time.

Series 2 starts off well, but tails off towards the end.

I've not heard good things about the new series but am very intrigued to watch it

Watched the first two episodes last night...was pretty good though rather confusing at times as expected. It has quite a different feel about it for good and bad reasons, the last 5 minutes of episode 2 was flipping ace. Excited to see what this series brings

17 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Why are four episodes out already or have more leaked?

I've halfway through season 2 so hopefully I'l catch up over next few weeks. It's good to have Lynch back.

Sky have episodes 3 and 4 available to download 

On 5/24/2017 at 3:08 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

Do you need to watch the original to watch the new ones?

I would say yes, to really get value from it.  Much of what is best about it (so far) is callbacks to the original series/film and you are going to be confused as fuck about what is going on in the first 2 episodes otherwise (not that it's anything other than disorienting and strange anyway).

When Laura's theme played just after we met Bobby I had major league goosebumps.  

• 1 year later...