Father John Misty

defrio29

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Sorry for the bump! But does anyone happen to have a standing ticket going for one of the London nights? Thought I may as well chance my arm before debating going for seats.

I don’t but there are a fair few going on twickets! 

https://www.twickets.live/block/455575771158374,4

Edited by Jobseeker

• 3 weeks later...

I saw him in Glasgow last week, he was really good but it wasn’t quite up there with his Glastonbury set. There wasn’t any strings or anything so some of the new songs felt a bit more sparse than the recordings/Glastonbury but it was still a really good set. Weirdly most of my highlights were things like Magic Mountain and I’m Writing a Novel which were songs I wasn’t too fussed about going into it.

Edited by kingcrawler

Saw him in Cardiff on Saturday, was brilliant, I agree that I enjoyed the songs I didn't love off of the album. It was packed as well, people needlessly pushing forward when you could see the stage from all over. Might be my last gig of the year as currently got nothing booked til EverythingEverything and Young Fathers in March.

For anyone worried about the lack of strings...

He had about 7 extra musicians (brass and strings) with him in Manchester on Sunday night and it really elevated the gig into something special.

Not sure why they were a no show for previous dates, as he surely must just hire them locally, could be something to do with stage sizes etc?

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

Surely he'll have strings in London then?

I'm going tomorrow night. Setlists seem very long - 2 hour shows? :D

Yeah must be, Glasgow was about 1 hour 40 and that was with a few less songs. I think he was due on at 9 in Glasgow but ended up coming on about 15 minutes early so that's something to watch out for.

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, OddRon said:

That new song Mr Tillman, he debuted in Toyko, has been properly released 

really hope its on new album and not some I Love you Honeybear cut because it's the perfect mix of Fear Fun and Ilyhb

Brilliant. Not very catchy but fun nonetheless.

Yeah I’m positive that he’s going back to that sound. He’s got Jonathan Rado from off of Foxygen (and production for Lemon Twigs, Whitney, Alex Cameron among others) to produce so it’ll definitely have the 70’s air to it.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Brilliant. Not very catchy but fun nonetheless.

Yeah I’m positive that he’s going back to that sound. He’s got Jonathan Rado from off of Foxygen (and production for Lemon Twigs, Whitney, Alex Cameron among others) to produce so it’ll definitely have the 70’s air to it.

I Love and saw all those bands last year and each really stuck out to me, very excited especially after really not liking a lot of Pure Comedy

18 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

According to Rockfeedback (the magazine and gig promoters), Mr Tillman is the first song off his new album

Good good, I've seen him 4 times already, once on ILYHB tour and 3 times for Pure Comedy even though I think Pure Comedy is the worst of the three so Il defintely catch him again when he announces a proper uk tour for it rather than that one off halifax show and supporting Bjork at all points east