Whitstable, Canterbury, East Kent

matt2007

Hi Russy, yes you can go to the forts on the Greta, one of the small ships from Dunqure evacuation, the captain is a mate of mine called Steve. whitstable is 50% seaside town and 50% Royston Vasey, if you remember the League of Gentlemen show............I kid you not

Not any more.

I used to live in between Whitstable and Herne Bay in my teens in the 70's and my sister still lives in Sturry. Happy times with loads of gigs at the university, the art school and the Odeon which i think is where the Marlow theatre now sits,.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Cheers, yeah I've seen that Greta trip actually but the 6 hour trip time put me off to be honest! 

That royston valley chat has really taken the shine off the place now ffs!!

No way it is a fancinating place full of weird people ho love weird people, a bit like Worthy Farm......you would love it!!!! ps the Great now does a 4 hour trip, if you like trips that is!

33 minutes ago, matt2007 said:

No way it is a fancinating place full of weird people ho love weird people, a bit like Worthy Farm......you would love it!!!! ps the Great now does a 4 hour trip, if you like trips that is!

ha ok I thought you meant it was full of axe murderers or something (my memories of the league of gentleman are quite hazy..). The love affair is back on then!

4 hours is right up my street. I'll tell your mate Steve Matt off the internet recommended him!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jules007 said:

Hi Matt. 

I live in Deal just round the bend from you. I'm also working it this year so aiming to be there Tues before five pm. Second year of working it this year :-)

Cool this will be my 6th year of working but 30 years since i first went. What are you doing?

Last year I worked with festaff wristbanding which was a good laugh. This year I am working for Dc Site Services. Stewarding. Chaperoning vehicles through the site to be precise. I've been going as a punter since '99 but really enjoy the work side of it. Or prob the access to the showers I reckon. :-/

On 02/06/2017 at 0:12 PM, Jules007 said:

Hi Matt. 

I live in Deal just round the bend from you. I'm also working it this year so aiming to be there Tues before five pm. Second year of working it this year :-)

Yeah, me too. Well, currently in Moscow, but heading back to Deal next Saturday. Getting the train up from Walmer on Wednesday morning.