Free shuttle Buses from Glastonbury Town ?

Pauladuncan70

We have tickets for glastonbury festival, we are planning on camping on the large pitch with my friends campervan on bath and west campsite.  However my friends are not coming down until Thursday and we want to make the most of our tickets and come down Tuesday night.   As far as I can see, even though we could drive my friends camper van, the camper van ticket is in her name not mine so we would not be allowed into the bath and west show ground anyway!  It seems we are not allowed in without the campervan either.   So I was wondering if my husband and I come down on Tuesday and book a bed and breakfast in Glastonbury town itself  - is there a free shuttle bus to the festival from glastonbury town?    Would it be easy to get to the festival from glastonbury town?  

There is a regular bus (GF1) from Glastonbury town to the Festival - it's not free but at £4 single it's pretty good value. Details here: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-bus/.

I doubt you'll get local accommodation at such short notice, though, and the last GF1 back to Glastonbury on Wednesday evening is really early, so you might have to make arrangements (such as a cab) if you want to get back to Glastonbury town on Wednesday evening, or alternatively camp in the Festival on Wednesday night, then bus back to Bath and West to meet your friends on Thursday.

Alternatively I think there's a thread on the forum about changing the name on the Campervan ticket so you can rock up on Tuesday with the Camper!