Metronomy

Gingerpops

Saw them last night in Manchester. Not for the first time by any means but probably the most I've enjoyed them. They've beefed up the sound with an extra guy playing synth and there were a lot of tunes that segued really well from one to another in the first half of the show. Unless something comes from left field when the final line up is released they nailed themselves on as my Sunday night. Can imagine that being a proper party atmosphere and excellent way to sign off the festival. 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metronomy/2017/o2-abc-glasgow-scotland-73e7ea3d.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Gingerpops said:

Saw them last night in Manchester. Not for the first time by any means but probably the most I've enjoyed them. They've beefed up the sound with an extra guy playing synth and there were a lot of tunes that segued really well from one to another in the first half of the show. Unless something comes from left field when the final line up is released they nailed themselves on as my Sunday night. Can imagine that being a proper party atmosphere and excellent way to sign off the festival. 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metronomy/2017/o2-abc-glasgow-scotland-73e7ea3d.html

It was really different turn for them which was great, but don't personally think it's the best gig I've been too ...... but already decided that I'm watching them at Glastonbury as do love this band :)

got it the set list too :D

IMG_0567.JPG

Edited by shoptildrop

Hoped for more "Nights Out" since the new album was described as a spiritual successor to that.

Metronomy seem to be in a weird spot: I don't think they gained any fans with the last album which may be due to the weird (= non-existent) marketing of it. They gained momentum with The English Riviera and Love Letters but seem to have lost it all. Not sure if that's because of my vanishing interest in them or if there's something to what I said.

I wouldn't hasitate to chose Justice over Metronomy in case they clash.

22 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

It was really different turn for them which was great, but don't personally think it's the best gig I've been too ...... but already decided that I'm watching them at Glastonbury as do love this band :)

got it the set list too :D

IMG_0567.JPG

Saw you get it, you lucky sod, we were so sure we'd get one as there were 5 but 3 of them were given to people on the balcony

fantastic show regardless, felt like a proper party and all the songs fflowed so well

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

Saw you get it, you lucky sod, we were so sure we'd get one as there were 5 but 3 of them were given to people on the balcony

fantastic show regardless, felt like a proper party and all the songs fflowed so well

I actually got it from guy at the sound desk as that's where I was standing. ..as they always have them there - top tip

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty confident I'll see Justice instead (if that's happening) but it'll be sore missing Joe and pals. Especially so if they're mining the new album so heavily and also potentially offering On Dancefloors.

Where do you recommend starting with justice? I remember a couple of remix hits they had awhile back 

3 hours ago, mattiosmith said:

My (likely) worst clash is going to be Justice and Metronomy, gutted.

Are you planning on heading to the SEC after (Sunday night in the Temple is always where it's at). If so, then it has to be Justice for the quick dash in.

29 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Where do you recommend starting with justice? I remember a couple of remix hits they had awhile back 

Their debut [cross] is the one if you seek out a single studio album. If you enjoy it, dig into the latest one [Woman] and then dabble with the live records.

34 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Pretty happy having Metronomy or Justice as my Sunday headliner especially with Phoenix/Moderat on before somewhere - will be a very fun end :D

+ following on from Dental, 'On Dancefloors' needs to stay in Metronomy's set - banger

I dunno how it fits really cos its that cold and dark its practically post-punk, and they made and established their name with pop ditties off Riviera and Love Letters, but god damn is it a good track.

Edited by dentalplan

On Dancefloors is a weird inclusion from Nights Out, but I love it so it can stay.

Seeing them on Friday, and I've already made up my mind to see Justice over them so I'm kind of hoping they will just be ok so I won't change my mind again!

Just now, Barneym said:

Also off to see them tomorrow but am really not sold on the last album. As we are doing set lists thought I'd add this in

Nope can't get the media to upload no idea why I'm new to this site, it was their Williams Green set list from 2014 which we have framed