dress up themes...

Aaaaaaaaah not that I know of.. Stage wise.. But if YOU want to dress up dress up old son you will bump into lots of others who make the effort and some look fab.. But as for stages i don't think any of them have a dress up code. But I've been wrong before.. 

5 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

did I imagine this or did I read somewhere that there is a dress up theme for some of the stages? I think I saw at least for one stage that the theme this year was 'fish'... Does anyone know anymore or has read anything more about this?

Wheel of four tunes have a fish theme this year according to their recent Facebook post 

On 17 May 2017 at 11:04 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just had to look up what a Groot was. That is top Groot, as far as I can see. How long did it take you to make?

More than a few hours but that was mostly waiting for glue and layers of paint to dry . It's made out of a camping mat .

4 hours ago, strangegoose said:

More than a few hours but that was mostly waiting for glue and layers of paint to dry . It's made out of a camping mat .

Wow, you can't tell that there's a camping mat involved. A great idea to use one though, because of their light weight. You should go in to film / stage design etc, as that is, as I said before, very good Groot. Hope you have a lovely festival, and if I see a Groot walking by me while at the festival I'll say hello. If I see one walking by me in real life, then I'll probably seek psychiatric intervention.

1 hour ago, fat_man_joe said:

;) You can't blame a spam for trying. If I wear it at every possible opportunity, one day it's bound to work out perfectly.

I wish I had just one ounce of your positivity. How you expect the green and environmentally friendly Glastonbury to support your support for, can I say, delicious pork produce, I'll never know. 

If you do indeed wear such an outfit at Glastonbury, then not only do I salute you, but pray to that mechanically reclaimed meat in the sky (God) that I get to meet you, whilst you are sporting afore mentioned outfit. 

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I wish I had just one ounce of your positivity. How you expect the green and environmentally friendly Glastonbury to support your support for, can I say, delicious pork produce, I'll never know. 

If you do indeed wear such an outfit at Glastonbury, then not only do I salute you, but pray to that mechanically reclaimed meat in the sky (God) that I get to meet you, whilst you are sporting afore mentioned outfit. 

I admit it's a long-shot. But you don't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket, my friend.

Please do say hi if you notice a can of spam walking around - it would be lovely to meat you, too :girlsmile: I have worn it every day at the last two festivals, and I don't plan to stop now!

36 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

But you don't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket, my friend.

Genius. Pure genius. You have, after all, got to meet them halfway, to stand a fighting chance.

37 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Please do say hi if you notice a can of spam walking around - it would be lovely to meat you, too :girlsmile: I have worn it every day at the last two festivals, and I don't plan to stop now!

I will say hello. Then I think I'll take stock of the situation. Then I'll run away.  It's not you, it's me. I'm just not sure I'm ready to meat a canned cooked meat advertisement in human form just yet. I'm still emotionally sore from my recent split up with a tin of Carnation evaporated milk. 

On 2017-5-17 at 8:45 PM, strangegoose said:

I am Groot ( or will be if I finish)

image.jpeg

That's absolutely bloody marvelous. If I see a Groot at 3 am I'm definitely gonna say hello or call out strangegoose whether it's you or no, ha! 

On 2017-5-18 at 11:06 PM, char90 said:

Wheel of four tunes have a fish theme this year according to their recent Facebook post 

That's the badger, thought I'd seen something like this. Didn't know it was just for one specific performance tho. Thanks. 

On 2017-5-18 at 8:41 AM, ripcurl85 said:

The Elrow theme at LBHQ is some sort of time travel theme which keeps it pretty broad. Images of people dressed as Regency dandies propping up the bar.

Also interesting to choose time travel. I'm sure they will be a few Marty Mcflys hanging around. Thanks for the info!