Glastonbury Stores & Shops

marathonsteve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing forgotten as such but always love a rummage through the Oxfam shops. I have bought in the past two gorgeous blankets, a funky cardigan, a handmade cushion, a knitted bag, a whacky scarf, socks, a coat and some bunting! Looking forward to this year's find!!!

My 1st Glastonbury was in 2005, arrived Wednesday, didn't take any cash other than what was in my purse. Hadn't realised the ATM's wouldn't open until Friday.* Luckily a trader did cash back for me. :)

*This is no longer the case, ATM's are open from Wednesday these days.

Came directly from Spain in 2010 with friends bringing my stuff....tent arrived and was set up but everything else was in a car arriving Thursday....it was so hot I wasn't bothered until the sun went down and it was freezing...bought as many blankets as I could find.....still use a lovely pink frog blanket regularly

Edited by RAMMAN

A pillow.

Duct tape to fix my broken tent.

Tampax.

Paracetamol.

A blanket.

Tights.

You can usually get anything you want. Last year I saw someone reading a copy of the Daily M*il that they'd obviously purchased somewhere on site...

A wife... But I did grab one in the healing fields.. 

11403179_10153415002770761_8593613556629273170_n.jpg

She seemed quite pleased that I'd picked her up as this pic shows.... 

Just shows you.. You can buy anything at Glastonbury lol 

Edited by guypjfreak

On 17/05/2017 at 6:25 PM, Dillyblue said:

Nothing forgotten as such but always love a rummage through the Oxfam shops. I have bought in the past two gorgeous blankets, a funky cardigan, a handmade cushion, a knitted bag, a whacky scarf, socks, a coat and some bunting! Looking forward to this year's find!!!

Managed to find a Shaun the sheep bag in fantastic condition at one of the charity stores, was totally made up as love Shaun the sheep stuff

it was only late at night when squashing it in my backpack I realised squeezing its nose made it go baaaa baaaa - I was so happy  :D it's the little things lol

11 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Managed to find a Shaun the sheep bag in fantastic condition at one of the charity stores, was totally made up as love Shaun the sheep stuff

it was only late at night when squashing it in my backpack I realised squeezing its nose made it go baaaa baaaa - I was so happy  :D it's the little things lol

Hope Shaun is going back to the farm in June!! Xx

14 minutes ago, Anders Krogh said:

Was going to start a new thread but... Can you get ice cubes and do they sell out when (not if) the sun shines?

To answer the thread question - have bought some old boots from Oxfam from time to time, wellies seem to bite my ankles. 

I've got ice from one of the shops near dairy ground (I think that's where it was) before a few years ago

6 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Hold the phone, people don't buy toilet roll on site do they? Can't you get it for free from the info points?

You get them free from the lockups. Always leave a donation though and have a little chat to the crew.