Glastonbury Stores & Shops

marathonsteve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-5-17 at 9:06 PM, guypjfreak said:

A wife... But I did grab one in the healing fields.. 

11403179_10153415002770761_8593613556629273170_n.jpg

She seemed quite pleased that I'd picked her up as this pic shows.... 

Just shows you.. You can buy anything at Glastonbury lol 

We are doing this this year! VERY excited! (Handfasting I mean, not picking up your wife!)

14 hours ago, eviepeach said:

We are doing this this year! VERY excited! (Handfasting I mean, not picking up your wife!)

Wow that's great.. Do you have a time.... Are you getting all dressed up you'll love it.. 

It really is great.. I was a bit nervous but got right into it and the two sisters are great and put you at ease.. The Strange thing is all the strangers that stop lol.. 

We have a corner in our dining room with the broomstick and pictures etc.. Enjoy. G

What's wrong with my wife lolololol 

Edited by guypjfreak

Didn't forget it, but managed to burst my air bed on Wednesday night with the metal seal on my wristband.! The cold ground rushed up to meet me & I thought I was in for an uncomfortable week.

Went to the camping shop onsite in the morning and bought a new one, they even offered to inflate it for me.

Edited by DJ Cull

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Wow that's great.. Do you have a time.... Are you getting all dressed up you'll love it.. 

It really is great.. I was a bit nervous but got right into it and the two sisters are great and put you at ease.. The Strange thing is all the strangers that stop lol.. 

We have a corner in our dining room with the broomstick and pictures etc.. Enjoy. G

Haha, she looks lovely- just not my type ;) 

Not sure about dressing up, I kind of want to but my partner isn't keen. Your wife's dress looks amazing, not sure how I'd cope with that train in the mud (there won't be any this year anyway)!

Our time is in the afternoon on Thursday; the hardest thing will be making sure we don't have too many ciders before we go...

10 hours ago, mandolin said:

@guypjfreak did you walk up there through the Park area?  If so, I saw you and it's been one of my happy-Glastonbury memories ever since.  You all looked so very happy and that was contagious.  

Yea.. We were heading the other way until I found out that my son in law had gone off.. Not intentionally.... With our push chair that had all the alcohol in.. 

We ended up all the back at camp after losing everyone.. It was a great day.. Lots of people wishing us well and getting photos lol.. 

Felt like a rock star lol

3 hours ago, eviepeach said:

Haha, she looks lovely- just not my type ;) 

Not sure about dressing up, I kind of want to but my partner isn't keen. Your wife's dress looks amazing, not sure how I'd cope with that train in the mud (there won't be any this year anyway)!

Our time is in the afternoon on Thursday; the hardest thing will be making sure we don't have too many ciders before we go...

Lol gotta dress up it's great..

P6251225.JPG

11709498_10152895770927073_7583473985312582195_n.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

On 17/05/2017 at 6:25 PM, Dillyblue said:

Nothing forgotten as such but always love a rummage through the Oxfam shops. I have bought in the past two gorgeous blankets, a funky cardigan, a handmade cushion, a knitted bag, a whacky scarf, socks, a coat and some bunting! Looking forward to this year's find!!!

The oxfam shop is great , last year my mate bought a Barbour waxed jacket for £15

On 2017-5-17 at 8:50 PM, pie_and_a_pint said:

A pillow.

Duct tape to fix my broken tent.

Tampax.

Paracetamol.

A blanket.

Tights.

You can usually get anything you want. Last year I saw someone reading a copy of the Daily M*il that they'd obviously purchased somewhere on site...

I hope you accidentaly/on purpose flicked mud all over it. Not really in the spirit of Glastonbury, but it can be forgiven with the Daily M*il.

14 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Me and my mate were actually two of the strangers that stopped, we watched the ceremony and then mooched for a bit before moving on. Still a great memory for us!

31 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I hope you accidentaly/on purpose flicked mud all over it. Not really in the spirit of Glastonbury, but it can be forgiven with the Daily M*il.

I was tempted :D

I may actually have tutted, which is terrible I know, but well deserved in this context!

On 2017-5-19 at 8:56 AM, eviepeach said:

We are too Thursday evening, my wife is on a mission because of it

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea.. We were heading the other way until I found out that my son in law had gone off.. Not intentionally.... With our push chair that had all the alcohol in.. 

We ended up all the back at camp after losing everyone.. It was a great day.. Lots of people wishing us well and getting photos lol.. 

Felt like a rock star lol

Lol gotta dress up it's great..

P6251225.JPG

11709498_10152895770927073_7583473985312582195_n.jpg

We are so looking forward to doing this this year, it's following our vodka meet in West Holts Thursday afternoon so should have a great turnout for it, you 2 look great in the photos

5 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I was tempted :D

I may actually have tutted, which is terrible I know, but well deserved in this context!

Not terrible in  the slightest.  

It's not a place for that tax avoiding, charity and culture hating piece of bum wipery. 

4 hours ago, craigyb31 said:

We are so looking forward to doing this this year, it's following our vodka meet in West Holts Thursday afternoon so should have a great turnout for it, you 2 look great in the photos

What time we'll try and make it. 

I left my wellies in the car in 05, I thought I could go back for them if they became necessary, this was a very stupid idea, was tough navigating from a flooded Pennards to the wellie stall, I never leave them behind now. 

Charm x