Woppa

Hi folks

Bringing my daughter this year, and the plan is to camp in wicket ground.

Do I need to sign up for staying in family camping  or do I just turn up on the day? 

If it's the latter, we intend to be the about midday on the Thursday. Would we still get a spot then?

Cheers

You almost certainly will not get in to Cockmill on Thursday. Wicket will have space, and there will also be space in many of the more outlying non-family fields like Darble, Pylon etc. Aim for pedestrian gate A for Wicket, which means following the red route to the West Car Parks. If you come via the blue or purple routes and you'll face a loooooooooong walk from gates B or C. Be aware that arriving at noon on Thursday will mean you'll be parked a good way away so be prepared for a long walk to the gate, but almost certainly no queue once you get there!

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2017 at 2:53 PM, pie_and_a_pint said:

You almost certainly will not get in to Cockmill on Thursday. Wicket will have space, and there will also be space in many of the more outlying non-family fields like Darble, Pylon etc. Aim for pedestrian gate A for Wicket, which means following the red route to the West Car Parks. If you come via the blue or purple routes and you'll face a loooooooooong walk from gates B or C. Be aware that arriving at noon on Thursday will mean you'll be parked a good way away so be prepared for a long walk to the gate, but almost certainly no queue once you get there!

A question I needed to ask has already been asked and then answered by PAAP - thanks! Gate A for Wicket. Hopefully arriving early Wednesday so should minimise the trek with the kit! Getting excited now!!

On 5/18/2017 at 2:50 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

I know the family camping fields are fenced off so kids can't run off to far but how else do they differ? I'm assuming they have toilets within the fenced area and will be portaloos which is putting me off camping in them. We will be camping in Wicket ground I think

wicket has a row of composters along the bottom, no portaloos.