Hiya,

I've just been accepted to work at Glasto with Feststaff and I'm going at it alone! Bit scared, but does anyone have any tips/stories or possibly a space next to their tent for me please?! 

Also how easy is it to arrive at the camp on Monday? Anyone recommend the bus to the town centre or train?

Thanks!

Edited by tparsley

The staff buses from Castle Cary go to Gate A and then you will need to walk with all your stuff around the outside of the festival to get in at Gate B where you will need to register to get checking with your wristband/staff accreditation (this was what the Festaff had to do last year). You are best checking with Festtaff about where you need to access the site and camp and then to make aranngements accordingly. Until you have been wristbanded and got your staff ID you can't enter the main site. 

Hi!

I was with Festaff last year and with them again this year. There isn't any concrete details yet about locations and such for this yeat but as @quiet guy said we were told to meet just outside Gate B as this was where our campsite was, this would be a long trek if travelling by public transport.

More details and info should come out within the next week (they said they'll email everyone confirmed with details 4 weeks before each festival)

Let me know if you have anymore q's

Ah thanks so much everyone! Hope to see you there!

Is the staff camp site quite a nice little community?

Also am I right in thinking its two shifts before the festival and one during? 

I went last year and it was incredible! Can't wait to get back! Excited to experience a different side of the festival.

2 hours ago, Cnr_22 said:

Hi!

I was with Festaff last year and with them again this year. There isn't any concrete details yet about locations and such for this yeat but as @quiet guy said we were told to meet just outside Gate B as this was where our campsite was, this would be a long trek if travelling by public transport.

More details and info should come out within the next week (they said they'll email everyone confirmed with details 4 weeks before each festival)

Let me know if you have anymore q's

Is the campsite outside of the main site then? What was it like in terms of facilities, are there showers? Not that it's a major issue if not of course, I can stick to festival washes if need be.

First year with Fest Staff for me, also on my own. I'm really looking forward to it, especially getting in 2 days early with hopefully less chaos.

Good to see that you enjoyed it enough to go back with Fest Staff, that's promising! How did you find it overall then?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, karl3 said:

Is the campsite outside of the main site then? What was it like in terms of facilities, are there showers? Not that it's a major issue if not of course, I can stick to festival washes if need be.

First year with Fest Staff for me, also on my own. I'm really looking forward to it, especially getting in 2 days early with hopefully less chaos.

Good to see that you enjoyed it enough to go back with Fest Staff, that's promising! How did you find it overall then?

Thanks

In 2016 the campsite was outside the main fence, we were next to Oxfam who had a huge area, we shared their facilities (Toilets and Showers, which were on a token system) was a 5 minute walk from gate B.

I was on my own last year and enjoyed it, made a couple friends who are returning this year it's great because you can go off and do something on your own accord.

Overall the experience with Festaff was great! As it was my first time at Glasto I've been put off going to other festivals (Leeds regular) because it's so good.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SophusBeuford said:

My first time with Festaff too and I'm also going solo! I'll be getting the train into Castle Cary (not sure on exact times yet) and taxi to the site if anyone wants to split the fare with me? So excited! 

Depending when you show up you may not need a taxi from Castle Cary although you have to be a bit bold - from time to time there will be crew minibuses meeting certain trains - sure it wont be from Festaff but if you ask nice there is a good chance of a lift as they are not always full  - I have never put this to the test but I know others who have managed it.Sure its a gamble but you may be lucky. 

21 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Depending when you show up you may not need a taxi from Castle Cary although you have to be a bit bold - from time to time there will be crew minibuses meeting certain trains - sure it wont be from Festaff but if you ask nice there is a good chance of a lift as they are not always full  - I have never put this to the test but I know others who have managed it.Sure its a gamble but you may be lucky. 

Interesting, I will keep that in mind cheers!

3 hours ago, SophusBeuford said:

Interesting, I will keep that in mind cheers!

You will soon be able to tell as you get to the Outside { the car park } - if you spot A few with camping gear standing about chatting with each other then the odds are they are waiting for Transport.

sure its not a regular shuttle service but I know they do run - most crew drivers will give a lift even although that person may not be connected to them 

I even know a Couple who were just in the car park - apart from them there was absolutely no one else about it and they were just standing wondering if they should wait for the next train to arrive when a Security 4WD stopped on the main road and the driver called them over - they did not even have to put a thumb up.

its just your luck and if all else fails there should be a taxi in the taxi rank.

have a good time as its fun working at festivals.

On 2017-5-27 at 11:35 AM, SophusBeuford said:

My first time with Festaff too and I'm also going solo! I'll be getting the train into Castle Cary (not sure on exact times yet) and taxi to the site if anyone wants to split the fare with me? So excited! 

I'm coming in by train and happy to buddy up on the taxi if arrival times fall similarly.