Gröna Lund Concerts

So I was just looking up some concerts abroad and noticed these events in a theme park in Stockholm, Sweden. 

https://www.gronalund.com/en/entertainment/concerts/

115 kr (around £10) entry into a theme park where bands, such as Biffy Clyro, the 1975, Slayer etc are playing in the evening. (You don't have to pay any extra for the concert, beyond the entry fee as long as you're in before 6pm; most bands start at 8pm) 

For the full season of gigs you can pay 250 kr (around £22).

In the past, they've had Arcade Fire, Iggy Pop, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Pixies etc. And people say Sweden is expensive!

Only negatives I've found is that you can't prebook tickets and if you go on the rides unlimited it's around £30. It's a turn up on the day thing which means you might not get in but capacity's around 17000.

Just thought I'd post this here as I've never seen it mentioned before and it's insanely cheap if you're in Stockholm (and don't want to go on the rides!)

Edited by aidenlangan95

14 hours ago, gregory said:

What a brilliant deal! Wish I lived in Stockholm. How can the park make money from this? Elton John, Brian Ferry etc. can't be cheap

Yeah, it seems crazily cheap. It may be similar to Victorious in Portsmouth where the council funded the concerts a lot in order to improve tourism?

• 7 months later...

I bought the season card the last 2 years, its amazing value if you just go to a couple concerts. The rides are nothing spectacular but of course they're fun, trying to do some rides atleast one concert per year. The have a few bars (expensive, I would say a pint is about 7 gbp), and one that is by the water with great views towards Södermalm. 

Last year I went to concerts with The Cardigans, Henrik Berggren (Broder Daniel), Veronica Maggio and Flogging Molly.

Some concerts fills the park - the capacity is 17000 - for example Elton John last summer, the park closed the entrances at 16:00. Veronica Maggio is the biggest female act in Sweden and then they closed the entraces 18:30 (20:00 show start). 

This year's program looks really good, and I would say that at least 1/2 of it is still missing. The quality of those remaining acts are however debatable, but Arcade Fire 2014 was announced in april.