Nick Mason on Radio 5 this afternoon

babyblade41

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Havors said:

Id take just him and Dave Gilmour! Ive seen Roger Waters but not Dave and Nick :(

Saw David at the Royal Albert Hall last year, it was absolutely incredible.. also the loudest gig I've ever been to. Can't beat the tone he gets out of that Strat.

Edited by Wilfko

11 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Saw David at the Royal Albert Hall last year, it was absolutely incredible.. also the loudest gig I've ever been to. Can't beat the tone he gets out of that Strat.

The greatest for me. And comfortably numb is probably the best guitar solo ever in my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

could we possibly believe.. saw Pink Floyd many years ago ..waited all day and suffered many ear drum bashing only to have an electrical storm and the set was cut short..... long before the days of camping at festivals 

Yeah, me too. Last time I saw them together was on the Animals tour (1976?). How old am I!!! Seen David at the Albert Hall a couple of times and Roger once! 

After being unceremoniously turned down once by the festival organisers, why on earth would gilmour and mason ever want to come to the rescue of glastonbury in the future? 

Particularly when you consider the reason they wanted to play was to grant their dying best mate's final wish.

I suppose the organisers thought your sex is on fire is better suited to the pyramid field than comfortably numb.

53 minutes ago, russycarps said:

After being unceremoniously turned down once by the festival organisers, why on earth would gilmour and mason ever want to come to the rescue of glastonbury in the future? 

Particularly when you consider the reason they wanted to play was to grant their dying best mate's final wish.

I suppose the organisers thought your sex is on fire is better suited to the pyramid field than comfortably numb.

I did not know that and that is sad 

2 minutes ago, blobm said:

I did not know that and that is sad 

It's not only sad, it's the most catastrophic decision in the history of the festival.

Imagine being the person who decided it was better to let kings of leon play than a reformed pink floyd (it is certain that roger waters would have agreed to the gig, given the circumstances surrounding rick wright)

It's almost unimaginable really.

13 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It's not only sad, it's the most catastrophic decision in the history of the festival.

Imagine being the person who decided it was better to let kings of leon play than a reformed pink floyd (it is certain that roger waters would have agreed to the gig, given the circumstances surrounding rick wright)

It's almost unimaginable really.

Agree completely russy.

I was absolutely gutted I didn't get a ticket when they performed The wall at wembley in 2013, I adore that album.

My dream to see Pink Floyd...and at Glastonbury, well that would just be the ultimate.

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yeah cos it's well documented how much those two liked each other.

Yes, it was unfortunate that rick wright and david gilmour were so envious of roger waters talent that they felt they had to psychologically bully him in the 70s, but the hatchet had been well and truly buried by 2008. It is inevitable he'd have joined them at glastonbury.

Of course we'll never know, because the organisers thought kings of leon was more of an essential booking.

Do you not think it's more important to be honourable? To stick to your word, to what you've agreed to? I mean, yeah, it's the Kings of Leon, dreadful an' all, but you know, you should see some of the arseholes in my family and friends, but still, you have to stand by what you promised to do for them.

for someone as moral as you, Russy, i'm genuinely intrigued that you think agreements and promises are so unimportant. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Oh c'mon Mardy, don't feed this. Course he does. It's one of his big'uns like Adele and tax or Grohl and AIDS

Hehehe, preposterous stuff, sure, but they all pale into insignificance beside the claim that the Verve were good when they headlined