Hara Krishna Tent

marathonsteve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have not been in their tent for donkey years - it used to crack me up as the band { for want of a better word } used to dress up and the only ever played one song but it was dead catchy - I would never touch a curry { nothing about their curry as I just eat curry } -  it does get busy when its wet.

The food's wholesome and filling, but nothing too exciting, usually some kind of potato curry thing with rice/bread. Went there several times one year when I was utterly skint, and it was a life saver.  The sing-a-long is a must. 11/10.

Spent a couple of hours in there one day in 2015 and had a right laugh - the repetitive sing along sure is catchy, and I'm not one to turn down free food, which was nothing particularly special but very filling. Worth a visit if you're maybe a bit skint and have a bit of time on your hands one day.

I went in there many years ago when it was the massive heat wave, as it was the only place with any shade and a breeze. It's a nice place to spend half an hour, but any longer than that and their chant starts to brainwash you. I was singing it in my head for months afterwards. And the only way to make it stop is to just go back and listen to it again. That's how they get you.

Great place to spend a bit of time, just relaxing, contemplating, losing yourself to a bit of rhythmic chanting.  Some people I've gone there with have loved it, some have sneered.  The breakfasts are a little known treat (fruity porridge) as everyone seems to be all about the main meals they serve later.  If it is hot or wet it can get a little crowded.  I always leave there with a smile.

The amount of people they feed is staggering. Served us very well last year as my friends and I ate there quite a few times when we were low on energy (and money), great place. Lovely people and the free food is good too, especially seeing as it is free. That being said, please leave donations if you can.

I like it, my son lived off their food one festival, and we ate there twice last year.

I admit I haven't left a donation before but for the food and friendliness of the people I will make sure I call by this time and give a decent donation for all the meals we have had. Also means something to me as George Harrison's My Sweet Lord was one of my very first 45s

it's close to Left Field if I remember.

Had some really nice dinners here. One time it was this fried vegetable mix up with rice. Was really good! I always go there a few times during the festival to relax, eat and dig the happy vibes.

I love simple home-made style veggie curries so it's win-win for me.  Of course they're nothing special, but very decent, and if you need to save cash they're a god-(krishna?)-send!

I'm not in the slightest bit religious and have no desire to become so, but the chanting is fun, and I've never felt pressured to shave my head and sacrifice my children to the sun god, or anything like that.

Polite to leave a donation if you can, but even this is not pressed for.