Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

Thanks to the ensuing diplomatic crisis in the Gulf, I've been told I can leave work early so I will now be arriving Wednesday afternoon straight from Doha, subject to flights of course. 

After 13 1/2 years of posting on the board, my first Glastonbury in 12 years, and probably my last one ever, I feel like I should come and say hello. 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Do you call people by their real name or their eFests name? :unsure:

5 days to go!!! :danced::yahoo:

I was going to ask...are we supposed (allowed..?) to wear name badges? I might just stick a picture of a guinea-pig in a sombrero on myself. Or draw one on my face in glitter, depending on how drunk I am by 6pm :lol:

26 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I was going to ask...are we supposed (allowed..?) to wear name badges? I might just stick a picture of a guinea-pig in a sombrero on myself. Or draw one on my face in glitter, depending on how drunk I am by 6pm :lol:

Last year we were given name badges, with our efest name.

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I'll be the dazed and confused looking one (if I make it)

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Neil's exceptionally lovely wife sits all alone with the eFests flag waiting patiently for you to give you your sticker.

For just as long as she can be arsed that is.;)

8 hours ago, Kizzie said:

Neil's exceptionally lovely wife sits all alone with the eFests flag waiting patiently for you to give you your sticker.

For just as long as she can be arsed that is.;)

Can't believe scruffers didn't read that as waiting to give you one..... Or a sticky sticker 

It's late so I really should get my coat

14 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Just out of curiosity, why is it that you feel the need to publicly humiliate guinea-pigs? What on earth have they done to you, that the correct response is to put a little sombrero on their heads? 

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just out of curiosity, why is it that you feel the need to publicly humiliate guinea-pigs? What on earth have they done to you, that the correct response is to put a little sombrero on their heads? 

He's actually really fond of the sombrero! Wouldn't you be? Very fetching and sparkly :)

It is actually a bit of a thing in Peru to dress up guinea-pigs (maybe at fiestas before they eat them...not sure). If you're a bit stoned or tipsy I highly recommend a little scroll through google images of guinea-pigs wearing clothes. Although if you come across a pic of one wearing a dinosaur outfit or dressed as a Super Mario Bro, that's probably not so traditionally Peruvian :lol:

Disclaimer: I have never actually dressed any guinea-pigs in any sort of outfit, traditional or otherwise. I just think they're cute. Especially when they're wearing sombreros. 

8 hours ago, Sasperella said:

He's actually really fond of the sombrero! Wouldn't you be? Very fetching and sparkly :)

It is actually a bit of a thing in Peru to dress up guinea-pigs (maybe at fiestas before they eat them...not sure). If you're a bit stoned or tipsy I highly recommend a little scroll through google images of guinea-pigs wearing clothes. Although if you come across a pic of one wearing a dinosaur outfit or dressed as a Super Mario Bro, that's probably not so traditionally Peruvian :lol:

Disclaimer: I have never actually dressed any guinea-pigs in any sort of outfit, traditional or otherwise. I just think they're cute. Especially when they're wearing sombreros. 

It is indeed a top sombrero, and can fully understand why he'd want to wear it. Now all he needs to do is to go to a modelling agent, get signed up, and he'll be on the cat walk within no time. Or should that be guinea pig walk? :)