Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

I really enjoyed meeting everybody and, as I expected, everybody was so friendly and welcoming. It was also a pleasure to be able to thank Neil for his hard work; I don't think that I would have enjoyed my first Glasto half as much without the advice I took from eFests.

Oh, and a special thank you to @Curlygirl for the cherry bakewell vodka.

Hope to meet you all again in 2 years.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I really enjoyed meeting everybody and, as I expected, everybody was so friendly and welcoming. It was also a pleasure to be able to thank Neil for his hard work; I don't think that I would have enjoyed my first Glasto half as much without the advice I took from eFests.

Oh, and a special thank you to @Curlygirl for the cherry bakewell vodka.

Hope to meet you all again in 2 years.

It was lovely to chat with you, and you're very welcome! Everyone should try the CB!! 

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Lowest moment - Neil refusing outright to be sparkled

Refused my offer of a pint as well, mug. Buy an Efestivals mug that is :)

Was nice to say hello to a few folks.

23 minutes ago, whisty said:

Refused my offer of a pint as well, mug. Buy an Efestivals mug that is :)

Was nice to say hello to a few folks.

I saw you briefly but you looked on a mission to get somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

I saw you briefly but you looked on a mission to get somewhere.

Hi Kizzie, oh, sorry, never thought you'd recognise me or i'd have said hello for sure. Shyness gets me every time, did have somewhere to go but not in a rush enough to not say hello. 2019, might even ask for a name tag, and offer you a nice Pims or whatever :)

Edited by whisty

1 minute ago, whisty said:

Hi Kizzie, oh, sorry, never thought you'd recognise me or i'd have said hello for sure. Shyness gets me every time, did have somewhere to go but not in a rush enough to not say hello. 2019, might even ask for a name tag :)

Course I'd recognise you, you were the man that said to me 'I thought you only had one eye', a few years ago now.  :D  And I know @grumpyhackalways loves to see you.

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I messaged you during the festival. Some random came up to me and asked me to give you the griot. He had selfies taken that night which I'll post when home. He is safe in my house. Pm me your address and I'll send him on to you

Bloody hell, that's amazing, I'll PM you. I'll PayPal the postage over to you, and double it to a charity of your choice, as well. Thanks! 

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I will say Yog that i knew you wouldn't go in the end which is why i didn't offer to help. Just a shame you didn't come to that conclusion before posting copiously in the secret resale thread and elsewhere enlisting a lot of help that could have gone elsewhere to people who would have given anything to be there. 

Hello H.M.V.

I can only assume that what you meant to write was that you 'thought' that I wasn't going to go. You certainly did not 'know' that I wasn't going to go, I can assure you. The reason for this is that I was going to go, even if it were just for the Wednesday and Thursday and then return home. I knew that I could have handled that. In the end I chose not to go for very honourable reasons. The same kind reasons and ethos which the very foundations of the Glastonbury festival were built on. Being a very very relative newcomer to the festival you can be forgiven for lacking knowledge in this area. 

In terms of my enlisting help I may be wrong but I can't recall posting copiously in the secret resale thread. Maybe you could excitedly look that up to ensure that I am actually wrong. Just to give you some assistance and clarity, here's the definition of the word 'copious' which you have chosen to use;

Copious:
  1. abundant in supply or quantity.
    "she took copious notes"
    synonyms: abundant, superabundant, plentiful, ample, profuse, full, extensive, considerable, substantial, generous, bumper, lavish, fulsome, liberal, bountiful, overflowing, abounding, teeming; 
    in abundance; 
    many, numerous, multiple, multifarious, multitudinous, manifold, countless, innumerable; 
    informala gogo, galore; 
    informallank; 
    literarybounteous, plenteous; 
    myriad
    "she listened to me and she took copious notes"

You mention that the help given to me could have gone elsewhere, to people who would have given anything to be there. In your keenness to criticize me in this area you evidently haven't thought about what I did with my ticket. Guess what I did with it? Is it sinking in yet? Yes, I gave it to someone who was, indeed, desperate to be there. 

I think that your rather bitter post says more about you than it does about me. Perhaps certain people should reflect on that.

56 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Course I'd recognise you, you were the man that said to me 'I thought you only had one eye', a few years ago now.  :D  And I know @grumpyhackalways loves to see you.

I'd love to have seen any or all of you but this year I was one of the Glastonbury ticketless.  However other festivals are available and maybe there will be a chance to catch up at Steelhouse, Green Man or Something Else in the Dean.

1 minute ago, grumpyhack said:

I'd love to have seen any or all of you but this year I was one of the Glastonbury ticketless.  However other festivals are available and maybe there will be a chance to catch up at Steelhouse, Green Man or Something Else in the Dean.

Hello grumpy,

Apparently Something Else in the Dean is a possibility for us. However, given my recent performance on attending festivals, I wouldn't hold your breath. 

9 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I know you were ticketless grumpy and I really felt for you, if I'd have been giving out tickets you would have been very close to the top of my list.

Edited by Kizzie

57 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello grumpy,

Apparently Something Else in the Dean is a possibility for us. However, given my recent performance on attending festivals, I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Hi Yog,

Something Else in the Dean is a delightful festival, absolutely tiny but it punches above its weight in terms of bands it pulls because Gail has excellent contacts and a lot of performers see it as a chance to have an end of festival season party.  Be great to see you there.

59 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

I know you were ticketless grumpy and I really felt for you, if I'd have been giving out tickets you would have been very close to the top of my list.

Close or even very close Kizzie!  What do I have to do to get to the top?

Seriously, on reflection, I don't mind that I didn't get there in the end this year.  I've got so much on helping cope with a rapidly ailing 94 year old mother in law that at the moment I've little time for much else.

4 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Hi Yog,

Something Else in the Dean is a delightful festival, absolutely tiny but it punches above its weight in terms of bands it pulls because Gail has excellent contacts and a lot of performers see it as a chance to have an end of festival season party.  Be great to see you there.

Hello grumpy,

Yes, I've been to the festival a few times and have always had a belting time. I'd love to hook up with you there this year. It would be fair to say that we (my wife and I ) are at the brunt end of some pressure to go from certain quarters. Owing to my Glastonbury debacle, I'll not publicly commit myself to anything anymore, unless it's a racing certainty. 

12 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I will say Yog that i knew you wouldn't go in the end which is why i didn't offer to help. Just a shame you didn't come to that conclusion before posting copiously in the secret resale thread and elsewhere enlisting a lot of help that could have gone elsewhere to people who would have given anything to be there. 

Hello again HMV.

Listen. I'm sorry that my last post was 'over the top'. It's just that I don't think you understand what a sacrifice it was for me not to go to Glastonbury this year. All I wanted from the festival was to meet up with my fellow efesters, and I couldn't do that. Imagine yourself being in the same position. I really couldn't give a bollocks about Radiohead, and even less of a bollocks about Ed Sheeran. When I have gone to Glastonbury before, it's always to meet people, and really nothing to do with the entertainment on offer. I get to meet up with my mates from around the country and get to live with them night and day for 5 days. Then I have to go back to not being with them. Then add in to the mix that there's you lot (efesters) to add in to the mix. Do you really think that I didn't want to hook up with you guys and girls? The meet up was going to be my main event. There would really have been no further planning on my part than going to the meet up.

Just trying to say that my decision not to go wasn't flippant. It hurt me, and still does. Remember, you got to go there, and I didn't. That should tell you how I feel. 

Anyway, sorry once again, for going a little over the top in my previous response. It's not the sort of person that I am, but when somebody has a pop at me I'll nearly always have a pop back. If truth be known, I was actually reserved in my response.

I hope you and your beaux had a fab time. I would actually have liked to meet the both of you and had the craic.

Yog (Kev)

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

I was lucky enough to avoid being photographed :)

Was so nice to meet those I got chance to talk to! 

And @bennyhana22 thank you for escourting me :D was wonderful to see you again x

I have decided that hugs from @bennyhana22 should be prescribed on the NHS. I felt both energised and comforted after one of those bad boys!

And lovely to meet you (briefly) welly! :)