Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, spg said:

there is evidence of my attendance in amongst those there photos!

For at least the last five years the photos from the meet always have us two sat nattering at one another. :lol:

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello H.M.V.

I can only assume that what you meant to write was that you 'thought' that I wasn't going to go. You certainly did not 'know' that I wasn't going to go, I can assure you. The reason for this is that I was going to go, even if it were just for the Wednesday and Thursday and then return home. I knew that I could have handled that. In the end I chose not to go for very honourable reasons. The same kind reasons and ethos which the very foundations of the Glastonbury festival were built on. Being a very very relative newcomer to the festival you can be forgiven for lacking knowledge in this area. 

In terms of my enlisting help I may be wrong but I can't recall posting copiously in the secret resale thread. Maybe you could excitedly look that up to ensure that I am actually wrong. Just to give you some assistance and clarity, here's the definition of the word 'copious' which you have chosen to use;

Copious:
  1. abundant in supply or quantity.
    "she took copious notes"
    synonyms: abundant, superabundant, plentiful, ample, profuse, full, extensive, considerable, substantial, generous, bumper, lavish, fulsome, liberal, bountiful, overflowing, abounding, teeming; 
    in abundance; 
    many, numerous, multiple, multifarious, multitudinous, manifold, countless, innumerable; 
    informala gogo, galore; 
    informallank; 
    literarybounteous, plenteous; 
    myriad
    "she listened to me and she took copious notes"

You mention that the help given to me could have gone elsewhere, to people who would have given anything to be there. In your keenness to criticize me in this area you evidently haven't thought about what I did with my ticket. Guess what I did with it? Is it sinking in yet? Yes, I gave it to someone who was, indeed, desperate to be there. 

I think that your rather bitter post says more about you than it does about me. Perhaps certain people should reflect on that.

i downvoted this on HMV's phone last night by mistake.  so i've just downvoted it on my own.  to be clear, she didn't downvote it, but i have now done so twice.

38 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i downvoted this on HMV's phone last night by mistake.  so i've just downvoted it on my own.  to be clear, she didn't downvote it, but i have now done so twice.

Thanks for clarifying. I don't suppose you want to go clarity mad and inform me/ us of the reason(s) for the down vote(s)? 

Come on guys... please don't let this get into a row when we're all just in here reminiscing about a what was wonderful meet-up.

Things were said and people didn't agree with each other. Let's just leave it at that before it escalates any further. :) 

9 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Come on guys... please don't let this get into a row when we're all just in here reminiscing about a what was wonderful meet-up.

Things were said and people didn't agree with each other. Let's just leave it at that before it escalates any further. :) 

That gets my vote. I'm not comfortable with a hostile environment either. Do you know what? I didn't get to Glastonbury, but it was the best decision not to go that I've ever made. I don't want to continue the argument but it was made in a split second just before I was about to go. In another time and situation I'd have fucked off to the festival. I gave my ticket away ie. I didn't ask for any money for it. The intention behind that was to give somebody a real break. In addition I was as happy as fuck to hear that you were all going to get a good one weather wise. It being dry alone lifts the festival to another dimension. 

To cut a long story short, I'd love to have hooked up with you lot. That that didn't take place is the only itch I've got to scratch, as far as Glastonbury goes. Only it's more like a big fucking ugly yellow boil right now than an itch. Sorry to write so harshly, but you'll, hopefully, fully understand what missing the efests meet up was like for me. I missed out on that particular worm hole in time, but dearly hope that I'll bump in to people off here at other festivals (I'll not be trying for Glastonbury again).

Actually, I've realized that, in this instance, I'd would like a response from fatyeti24 on my question as to why he down voted my post. It isn't my intention to upset the Glastonbury vibe on here, but, after some thought, I think that it's right to question the person who appears to be defending another person who made an attempt at slurring me on here. I'd also like to ask HMV if she believes that her original post still stands, in her mind, given the further information that I furnished.

Why stand back and ignore the situation as if it isn't happening? Why should I be the one to acquiesce when it's me that a slight has been made against? Would you want to quietly and meekly allow someone to do that to you? 

So, over to you fatyeti and HMV. Have either of you got the courage of your convictions that it would take to respond?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like fun times were had.

One day I'll find the courage to attend.

first year for me ... just got my badge and sat on the outskirts chatted to  a few members and left ... not too daunting just like chatting to people for the rest of the festival apart from the fact you have had chats on here with some members before .. you may not  like everyone just like in life but you will find some bloody nice people :)

Edited by crazyfool1

22 hours ago, JayBalls said:

Great talking with you @whisty :) 

And you Mr Balls as well as Mrs Balls and finally figuring out who's who :)

22 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I'd love to have seen any or all of you but this year I was one of the Glastonbury ticketless.  However other festivals are available and maybe there will be a chance to catch up at Steelhouse, Green Man or Something Else in the Dean.

Think a few folks were sorry you didn't make it including myself. Can;t do any more festivals this year and quite looking forward to a year off, maybe we'll finally catch each other 2019, let's hope anyway and I might even say hello to Kizzie :) 

Edited by whisty

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That gets my vote. I'm not comfortable with a hostile environment either. Do you know what? I didn't get to Glastonbury, but it was the best decision not to go that I've ever made. I don't want to continue the argument but it was made in a split second just before I was about to go. In another time and situation I'd have fucked off to the festival. I gave my ticket away ie. I didn't ask for any money for it. The intention behind that was to give somebody a real break. In addition I was as happy as fuck to hear that you were all going to get a good one weather wise. It being dry alone lifts the festival to another dimension. 

To cut a long story short, I'd love to have hooked up with you lot. That that didn't take place is the only itch I've got to scratch, as far as Glastonbury goes. Only it's more like a big fucking ugly yellow boil right now than an itch. Sorry to write so harshly, but you'll, hopefully, fully understand what missing the efests meet up was like for me. I missed out on that particular worm hole in time, but dearly hope that I'll bump in to people off here at other festivals (I'll not be trying for Glastonbury again).

Hi Yog,

I'm sorry that you couldn't make it; it would have been a pleasure to meet you, I've always found your posts entertaining and erudite (apart from when you fall asleep on the keyboard). If I've learnt one thing in life it's that you have to make the best decision for yourself, that way you can have no regrets. The only things I have ever regretted are those where I knew at the time that it was the wrong decision.

You never know we may bump in to each other in some random way in the future although I don't know how we would recognise each other without eFest labels. 

Right then. My misses and a very good friend (who has just come back from working Glastonbury) have told me that I've gone a bit psycho and that I shouldn't be being confrontational. I now think that maybe they are right and that I'm possibly in Lonneysville. I've been physically shaking morning, noon and night for some days now, so I know in myself that something's gone a bit haywire. I've possibly blown another fuse, and I'm really running out of the supply of them at the moment.

Anyway, I've just realized that I've had someone post something to me so will say what I've got to say in a bit.

3 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi Yog,

I'm sorry that you couldn't make it; it would have been a pleasure to meet you, I've always found your posts entertaining and erudite (apart from when you fall asleep on the keyboard). If I've learnt one thing in life it's that you have to make the best decision for yourself, that way you can have no regrets. The only things I have ever regretted are those where I knew at the time that it was the wrong decision.

You never know we may bump in to each other in some random way in the future although I don't know how we would recognise each other without eFest labels. 

Thank you ever so much Losing my hair. I'm sorry but I really am a little (more) demented at the moment than usual.

I'll be back about possibly meeting up with people in a bit. 

Got to scarper - back shortly.

OK, I'm feeling a bit doo lally right now. I sometimes have to rely on others to tell me what's happening / going on in life. This is one of those occasions. I'm really sorry H.M.V. and fatyeti24 for being an abusive bastard. It's not my normal MO I can assure you. You may want to shove this back right in my face (and I wouldn't blame you if you did) but if you ever find yourself in the Birmingham vacinity then please do not book yourself in to a hotel. Give me and my misses a shout instead and have a night with us. I'm sorry that I was being a w*nker. It always goes like this when I don't take my 'proper' medication. I don't like taking the stuff though. Tell me it's an e and I'll bite your arm off. Tell me it's a 'normal' pill and I just find them revulsive (if indeed, such a word exists).

Anyway, I'm going to leave it at that, and hope that you (and others) can forgive. It's shit being crap.

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I nearly didn't attend because I was nervous, but my (real life) husband (not @JayBalls :lol:) made me go and say hi... I walked up to the first people I saw and it was @eFestivals and @Padgey. Both made me feel at ease right away and then everyone else was so friendly too!! I'm so glad I went!!

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I did the classic walk past a couple of times before spotting a couple of people I recognised from photos and diving in. 

Bit nerve wracking at first, but so glad I did. I'd heartily recommend it :)

Confession time ... I'm actually shy too especially when it comes to meeting women .. the fancy dress forces me to come out of myself and talk to people where at home I would be happy chatting to my close group of friends but no one else . So try it guys .. people don't bite too much x 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Bit nerve wracking at first, but so glad I did. I'd heartily recommend it :)

Can only say the same, the meet in 2015 was one of the highlights of my festival.

This year the usual glastonbury beast that is timing kept me away.  Only pitched my tent in the heat an hour before, it was 8pm before I got anywhere out and about and by that point commitments on my time were already stacking up and I was more than a little toasted :)

21 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Come along next year and worst case scenario is we can have a QOSTA/LCD love in? If the OH is there she can even tick the Wolf Alice box!

Speaking of here we had a lovely chat to someone who managed to get a last minute ticket and was absolutely wonderfully welcoming to my (non efests) Girlfriend whilst I went around and met a few others (by the big smiley sun). For the life of me I can't remember who it was but thanks for keeping her busy! Also further props to your investment and dedication to the festival.

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Confession time ... I'm actually shy too especially when it comes to meeting women .. the fancy dress forces me to come out of myself and talk to people where at home I would be happy chatting to my close group of friends but no one else . So try it guys .. people don't bite too much x 

This is so true, and it's taken me nearly 40 years to realise that actually people are quite nice, usually. For most of my life I'd cheerfully have hidden in a box rather than talk to strangers (and my mum reminded me recently that on my primary school reports it comments on how I don't 'mix well', preferring my own company and a book to that of other humans). But now I don't really give a shit - if I talk to someone and they talk back that's ace :)

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, JoBalls said:

I nearly didn't attend because I was nervous, but my (real life) husband (not @JayBalls :lol:) made me go and say hi... I walked up to the first people I saw and it was @eFestivals and @Padgey. Both made me feel at ease right away and then everyone else was so friendly too!! I'm so glad I went!!

Great to meet you @JoBalls I was in the same boat but spoke to @Miesh and really glad I went, definitely a must for me in 2019, IF I get a ticket!

It was @kalifire's post in this thread that encouraged me, tried to find him to thank him but think I missed him.