Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone curious but unsure about this... I turned up in 2014 not knowing anyone really and forgetting who said what on the board. My biggest anxiety was that people would be really extrovert, in my face and would expect me to know who they are.

Well, you always get one or two like that but nearly everyone was genuinely lovely, very chilled and easy to talk to once the beer flowed. You'll see little clusters of people talking but none of them are cliques, and all of them seemed welcoming and inclusive. 

So if you're an introvert who's a bit wary of social situations (like me), be brave and come out of your shell. You only need o do it for a few minutes and if it's not working for you, you can escape and enjoy the festival your way. But you may just be surprised and perhaps even make some new friends. 

I tend to have a couple before I arrive so I'm a bit more socially limber. If anyone fancies something more low-key beforehand, get in touch and we can have a smaller warm up!

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

To anyone curious but unsure about this... I turned up in 2014 not knowing anyone really and forgetting who said what on the board. My biggest anxiety was that people would be really extrovert, in my face and would expect me to know who they are.

Well, you always get one or two like that but nearly everyone was genuinely lovely, very chilled and easy to talk to once the beer flowed. You'll see little clusters of people talking but none of them are cliques, and all of them seemed welcoming and inclusive. 

So if you're an introvert who's a bit wary of social situations (like me), be brave and come out of your shell. You only need o do it for a few minutes and if it's not working for you, you can escape and enjoy the festival your way. But you may just be surprised and perhaps even make some new friends. 

I tend to have a couple before I arrive so I'm a bit more socially limber. If anyone fancies something more low-key beforehand, get in touch and we can have a smaller warm up!

Great post @kalifire, everyone is very friendly on the forum and I'm sure they are in real life but it can be a bit daunting going into a group not knowing anyone.  I've sat on the outskirts the last couple of ears but intend to mingle this year.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Pretty much what I wanted to read before my first visit to the meet. Am very much looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Fab post, really going to brave it this year roll on good times 

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Been thinking for past couple weeks if to pop in and say hello ( if we can find it ). Feel a bit more better after reading this. Hopefully i'll knock back some jd ( dutch courage ) after i've set the tent up and we'll have a wonder over. We should be arriving around 15.30 ish.. If i can survive the 5.30hr coach journey without turning into a sweaty mess surely i can make it to the meet.. 

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

zackly how I feel - and hopefully will have enough dutch courage to attend this year

Hope to see you all there, last year we were stuck in traffic and didn't make it on site till after 11pm.  This year we are on the coach so should be there.

Saying that last year the Edinburgh coach took about 24 hours, not going to happen this year though. 

Have a safe trip in guys ... and stay cool in the queue mentally and physically ... see all you lobsters at the meet ... checking out for now the forums been a pleasure for the last year ... stay safe and don't forget the suncream ..... The craziest of Crazyfools 

Alex 

I am actually at the right place right now! I might actually do it this year!

One year I was at the cider  bus and could see Lucy standing on a bench with a clipboard, and stickers of names I knew and liked and still didn't say hello!

I am going to day hello to someone this time. I am wearing a white vest and a pale blue patterned skirt. My hair is very bright red & I have more wristbands than anyone could need. Someone kidnap me if I try to sit it out! x