Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

I'm hoping to make it to this. Is there usually a big crowd? 

Yes, there's quite a few people turn up. It's nice to meet up and it''s a good laugh. Some people get shy about it and turn up but then go away straight away. I know that I did the first year that I went. I must have only stayed there a couple of minutes. The second time around I'd had a few to drink so felt OK about walking up to people off here and talking nonsense to them.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

cea06d416e97804a11c5481180f9b9fa.jpg

See, no guinea-pigs were harmed in the making of my avatar :)

10 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It is indeed a top sombrero, and can fully understand why he'd want to wear it. Now all he needs to do is to go to a modelling agent, get signed up, and he'll be on the cat walk within no time. Or should that be guinea pig walk? :)

:lol:

To be honest Yog, I reckon we're all gonna need sombreros this year :D Only four and a half days left to make one! 

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

See, no guinea-pigs were harmed in the making of my avatar :)

:lol:

To be honest Yog, I reckon we're all gonna need sombreros this year :D Only four and a half days left to make one! 

Yes, not long to go now. Which reminds me that I really should start getting my act together in terms of getting my stuff together. I think there's fag holes in the bottom of the tent which need repairing. I may have to buy some tent pegs too. OK, I'm starting to  panic myself now. Aaaaagh.

On 16/06/2017 at 5:35 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just out of curiosity, why is it that you feel the need to publicly humiliate guinea-pigs?

A woman I work with has several guinea-pigs, several rabbits and several smaller squeaky things.  For each type of animal she has a wardrobe complete with little doors and little coat hangers full of little outfits for every occasion.  She posts pictures of herself on FB with dressed up animals.

2 hours ago, Kizzie said:

A woman I work with has several guinea-pigs, several rabbits and several smaller squeaky things.  For each type of animal she has a wardrobe complete with little doors and little coat hangers full of little outfits for every occasion.  She posts pictures of herself on FB with dressed up animals.

This isn't you speaking in the third person again is it?

2 hours ago, Kizzie said:

When you say work with, do you mean that you are her carer? Seriously though, that's a very odd thing to do in one's free time. Then again, there are people who collect Capo Di Monte figurines. I think they need locking up before the woman you work with does. Am I the only sane person on this planet, I wonder to myself!

I'm looking forward to getting my name badge off you at the meet, and then talking complete nonsense to complete strangers.

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

When you say work with, do you mean that you are her carer? Seriously though, that's a very odd thing to do in one's free time. Then again, there are people who collect Capo Di Monte figurines. I think they need locking up before the woman you work with does. Am I the only sane person on this planet, I wonder to myself!

I'm looking forward to getting my name badge off you at the meet, and then talking complete nonsense to complete strangers.

We're not complete strangers!

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

We're not complete strangers!

I agree. I just wanted to use the word 'complete' twice in that sentence. My bad (is it still OK to use those two words? I've never used them before and am wondering if they are now passe?).

Looking forward to meeting the man who sports two hats. :)

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

This isn't you speaking in the third person again is it?

No, not today, the Yoda I'm not feeling today ^_^

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

When you say work with, do you mean that you are her carer? Seriously though, that's a very odd thing to do in one's free time.

Ha, she's one of my assistants.  The inside of her cupboard in the office is covered with laminated pictures of her animals dressed as brides and grooms. I kid you not. :wacko:

I made her take them down from the outside of the cupboard, there were tears.

15 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Ha, she's one of my assistants.  The inside of her cupboard in the office is covered with laminated pictures of her animals dressed as brides and grooms. I kid you not. :wacko:

Brides and grooms!!!  And laminated too!  She's off the scale barking. Aren't you just a little bit scared when you are looking down at some paperwork on your desk and she's behind you, and you don't know what she's up to? You need to get yourself some sort of mirror to see behind you. Bloody hell - I've just looked and they actually sell these on Amazon! 

Image result for computer wing mirrors

8 hours ago, JoBalls said:

So how does this meet work then... do we tell each other our real names or do we just use our forum names? :lol: 

Whatever you prefer, most people have their forum name scribbled on a sticker and stuck somewhere to their person, so you can see at a glance who to avoid. :lol:

3 hours ago, Kizzie said:

Whatever you prefer, most people have their forum name scribbled on a sticker and stuck somewhere to their person, so you can see at a glance who to avoid. :lol:

Don't forget to take it off. You wouldn't want to be stood at a bar and have someone ask you what a Gnomicide is.

No. You wouldn't want that. 

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Don't forget to take it off. You wouldn't want to be stood at a bar and have someone ask you what a Gnomicide is.

No. You wouldn't want that. 

Not sure I want to be wandering around with a "Jo Balls" sticker either really :lol: 

I won't be wearing any stickers. I'm not sure anyone will know my username anyway since I haven't been on here that long and didn't make it to the meet last. I'm looking forward to this now though, wednesday looks like its gonna be a scorcher as well.

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I won't be wearing any stickers. I'm not sure anyone will know my username anyway since I haven't been on here that long and didn't make it to the meet last. I'm looking forward to this now though, wednesday looks like its gonna be a scorcher as well.

I'll know ya and from boards as well on the EP threads. So will be cool to say hi. :D

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Oh cool! See you there so. I'm quite happy to talk shite to a bunch of randomers for a few hours anyway.

I like this idea.

Is this like a pub crawl or is the idea to stay in the cabaret field bar?